IDEA Mental health section

Welcome to our friendly community.

Be part of something great, join in and banter along with us today!

Noble

Feb 1, 2021
Over Here
extralicense.com
I have been thinking about it for a bit, i was tossing the idea of adding a mental health section to the forums what are your thoughts?
I have been looking for sites already done like this for sale however they are scarce.

Sharon

Texas
serened.proboards.com
I am all for supporting Mental Health awareness. People tend to downplay depression, anxiety, etc... in my opinion mental health should be as big as a concern as physical health. I wish it was more common for people to seek therapy for when they're not feeling well mentally as they normally would if the sprain something or other unidentifiable pain or illness but is clearly disrupting their everyday lives.

As for creating a whole new section, that's a tough one. If you feel like you can initiate enough topics on the matter I think it can be very successful. However, I would not rely on regular members to create content for that area initially, as not everyone is open to speaking about these matters.

I'd do a single forum with prefixes to start. I'm a part of a couple of mental health-centric forums and they're good, but at the start people are definitely closed off about their issues. It took me a long time to start opening up about my own problems on those forums, for instance, so I would start small and expand if that's the way you want to head!

Shaunie

I have been thinking about it for a bit, i was tossing the idea of adding a mental health section to the forums what are your thoughts?
I have been looking for sites already done like this for sale however they are scarce.
Yes please I'd use it often but sensible

Noble

Feb 1, 2021
Over Here
extralicense.com
I did have a section here for a few months that was private to members only however nobody used them.
If you want to give me ideas on sections that you would like to see I would be glad to put some new ones up.

Jane

Valued Member
Feb 1, 2022
UK
friendlychatting.co.uk
I dont have one..However I do have a suggestions section so if a few users asked I would add one