Married Three Times?

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #1

This is a huge problem in the US and other countries. Why is this? Well, I don't think people know much about marriage and how to keep it going. Well, as I said in another thread, I believe boredom is one thing highly contributing to the problem - just as it is with the problem of not finding a mate to begin with. What are some other problems?

  • Like
Reactions:bomb

People change, cheat, abuse, etc. There are hundreds of reasons why people divorce.

  • Like
Reactions:Jayson
bomb

bomb

This is a huge problem in the US and other countries. Why is this? Well, I don't think people know much about marriage and how to keep it going. Well, as I said in another thread, I believe boredom is one thing highly contributing to the problem - just as it is with the problem of not finding a mate to begin with. What are some other problems?
I would say Culture + Law. In some countries, divorce is highly loathed. And parents (to the bride or groom) will do anything to make sure you stick to your marriage, no matter how tough things turn out. The law has allowed people to change spouses anytime they are not satisfied as opposed to trying to resolve the dispute.

This is ingrain in the system, so I guess there is no turning back. Maybe just pray over it...or something!! :-|

Change is inevitable, and with trust missing, a relationship is definitely doomed. Also, I feel like people just grow tired of being together.

Mildredtabitha

I think not finding true love
Pretending before marriage

  • Like
Reactions:Jayson

Heading into a marriage with nothing but money on the mind is another reason.

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #7

I think not finding true love
Pretending before marriage
Heading into a marriage with nothing but money on the mind is another reason.
Change is inevitable, and with trust missing, a relationship is definitely doomed. Also, I feel like people just grow tired of being together.
Sounds like good responses to me.

Well, with the last one, I don't think people seriously know what it takes to keep a marriage going - which is the same thing needed to get one going to begin with or to reunite from a breakup.

I would say Culture + Law. In some countries, divorce is highly loathed. And parents (to the bride or groom) will do anything to make sure you stick to your marriage, no matter how tough things turn out.
That could be a bad situation cause perhaps one or more partners could view murder or suicide as the only way out - or perhaps you'd have a marriage doomed to affairs all the time.

The law has allowed people to change spouses anytime they are not satisfied as opposed to trying to resolve the dispute.
I think the disputes must be quite serious to warrant divorce or the relationship wasn't that solid to being with. I mean, me and my wife are pretty solid - so it would take serious attacks on trust to break the marriage.

I'm just glad people are finally ditching tradition and going with their hearts, because I'll be damned if I stay in a relationship just to make society happy!

  • Like
Reactions:Riker Slade

You know, tradition is like a prison that inmates seem to willingly volunteer for incarceration.

  • Like
Reactions:Riker Slade