Mandatory Masks

    Thread Owner : Spikey
  • #1

Well, my city just passed a by-law making masks mandatory starting on August 1. I have no problem with this but it's going to be interesting to see how other people in my city react to this and I'm sure some people will go crazy about it refusing to wear masks like we already see people in the sates do and they end up being arrested/fined.

Is it mandatory in your city to wear masks? Are you for or against wearing masks?

Well, it should be the case that if you don't care about catching the disease, then fine, you don't have to wear one. However, the tricky thing is that people can be carriers, not just catch it. This is truly why it is a perfect thing for totalitarian governments I think.

Is it mandatory in your city to wear masks?

It depends on the business. Some places limit the number of people in and don't require masks - but hypocritically, for employees. Anyway, others are totally enforcing masks.

_B_

_B_

voxgrid.net
Yea, It's mandatory for us to wear masks in shops and public transport now. Although, a substantial number just don't bother and it isn't as highly enforced as I thought.

A big problem is a lot of people probably can't breathe. That's why we need portable oxygen tanks or maybe face shields, rather than masks.

    Thread Owner : Spikey
  • #5

A big problem is a lot of people probably can't breathe. That's why we need portable oxygen tanks or maybe face shields, rather than masks.

I also find that sometimes it's hard for me to talk while wearing my mask. I have to make sure I talk louder and a bit slower so people can understand me.

Well, it should be the case that if you don't care about catching the disease, then fine, you don't have to wear one. However, the tricky thing is that people can be carriers, not just catch it. This is truly why it is a perfect thing for totalitarian governments I think.
I believe that's half of the issue, those who "don't care about catching it" and therefore feeling they shouldn't have to wear one are the reason the disease isn't going away. To that same extent, if someone doesn't care about wearing one and they enter a restaurant for food, can the cook then not care about cooking that person's food and serve it undercooked because it's their choice not to care about that persons' food? Hyperbole, I know, but the point is chefs and cooks are trained to ensure everyones' food is prepared so as not to make them sick. Conversely, the mask rules are being put into effect so that people are also not getting sick. It's a minor thing, honestly, to wear a mask when in public, so to "not care" about it is really the ultimate dick move. Put it on, do your part, we all get through this faster.

  • Like
Reactions:Jayson

Totalitarian exploiting or not, it's clear there is a disease - so people are out of luck. It's just a curse. I mean, I can understand the complaints of people taking advantage of disasters, but there's still a disaster.