Making compost at home!

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
More and more people are now using the biowaste from their kitchens and making their own compost at home. I too have started now, not sure if it will turn out well but nevertheless, I am giving it a shot. What about you people? How do you recycle waste from your kitchen?

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
I am an advocate of compost because I have been making compost for many years now. I have a compost pit where we put the vegetable scraps and fruit rinds. When they decay the compost becomes very fertile that is liked by the plants. However, I have a problem lately that the ants are attacking the compost bin. I admit that we also put leftover food like rice in the compost pit. It is a problem when the ants are growing in numbers for they enter the house sometimes. Right now we have stopped using the compost pit until the ants are gone.

ZandraJoi

New Chatterer
We live on acreage so our compost consists of tossing it into the woods lol We eat a lot of produce so the creatures finish off the rest.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
We live on acreage so our compost consists of tossing it into the woods lol We eat a lot of produce so the creatures finish off the rest.
Wow! You are indeed lucky to own a large piece of land! I guess composting and living off of the land comes naturally to you! I would love to see pictures of your woods! :)

Top