What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Making bread at home!

Thread Owner : nangk08
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I love the smell of freshly baked breads, I also tried to make them at home but they never turned out well. Have you ever tried baking your own bread? If yes, then I would really love to know how you make them.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
We have an oven but I do not have the guts to bake bread. I actually had plans of opening a bakery when I was younger but my job got in the way. Now I seem to have lost my desire for the bakery because even the simple baking of bread remains pending in my list. But I agree that it is nice to smell the aroma of freshly baked bread.

Reactions:nangk08
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
We have an oven but I do not have the guts to bake bread. I actually had plans of opening a bakery when I was younger but my job got in the way. Now I seem to have lost my desire for the bakery because even the simple baking of bread remains pending in my list. But I agree that it is nice to smell the aroma of freshly baked bread.
Oh my god! I actually felt like I am reading my own feelings there for a moment! I too have an oven and do make cakes etc. I did bake a bread once and it turned out quite well but not the way we are used to as the bakery breads. But nevertheless, I am going to start making , or at least practice until I get them right!

Naiwen

Naiwen

Valued Member
Jun 14, 2020
CB$
I’m making some meals at home lately in life, with some YouTube videos daily, trying to learn how to cook for myself amongst other life skills because I’m planning to have my own place soon since I can afford it currently in life with my disability income. I’d love to have my own place and life, totally independent from my parents.

Reactions:nangk08
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I’m making some meals at home lately in life, with some YouTube videos daily, trying to learn how to cook for myself amongst other life skills because I’m planning to have my own place soon since I can afford it currently in life with my disability income. I’d love to have my own place and life, totally independent from my parents.
That is really great! Knowing how to cook is a basic life skill which I feel that everyone should know, men as well as women equally. If you know how to cook, you can fare well by yourself should you have to live alone and save a lot of money on food. I hope you learn and begin to enjoy cooking as well.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
I am not a good baker but I do make bread at home. I also like to experiment with various recipes. I make bread from all-purpose flour, cornflour, millet flour, rolled oats etc. I also like to make chapatis (Indiana bread). In fact, chapati with chicken butter masala is one of my favorites. I also like baking naan bread.

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Valued Member
Feb 6, 2021
United States
CB$
My best luck at making bread is with my bread machine. I enjoy trying the different recipes, and it is as simple as dumping everything in the machine according to the directions, and then turning on the machine. There is even a starter timer, so I can have it start early in the morning and have fresh bread for breakfast.
Lately, what I have been learning how to make, that is a lot quicker and easier that making a loaf of bread, is making flatbreads. My favorite recipe is basically a cooked sweet potato and some self-rising flour.
You can’t go wrong with something that simple !
I add enough flour to the mashed sweet potato to make a nice dough and then roll out the flatbread and cook it in the frying pan for a few minutes on both sides until it is done and brown in spots. Another easy recipe is with yogurt and self-rising flour, and it makes a lighter colored flatbread.
Once they are all made, they are almost like having a tortilla and work great for gyros or even a taco.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.