Member
It is an amazing sector to go into if you are good at it. Even if you're a beginner, you can easily get into coding without a lot of financial investment and you can start with a decent job as well. Like you mentioned, sometimes it's not about the degree but more about the experience/knowledge

OP

Member
  • #4
Another thing good to get into is math - cause you can tutor it. However, coding might be easier to get into - cause I think the employers are less tight with the degree qualifications - but I could be wrong.

Davidisms

Member
Programming is lucrative job if you are good at it. But. It's also a bit tedious task I guess. But, I have met people who enjoy doing it too.

You also need to keep updating yourself as programming languages/platforms keep evolving, going out of vogue etc.

DudeThatsErin

Member
I have considered it and decided I would do it. I'm working on getting a job as a developer as we speak. It is difficult but I am hoping I have one soon. I'm waiting to hear back from 4 different places right now so there is hope. I'm just going to keep trying until I get one.

Davidisms

Member
I have considered it and decided I would do it. I'm working on getting a job as a developer as we speak. It is difficult but I am hoping I have one soon. I'm waiting to hear back from 4 different places right now so there is hope. I'm just going to keep trying until I get one.
Best of luck with your endeavor! May be we would see you as co-founder of some BigSoft! (y)

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Member
It's not that hard to make a living using programming alone.
Still, you need to be efficient and optimize the code to save time and money. Usually, when people couldn't get into a big company, they try to start their carrier in a small company.
After getting some experience, then they will try to look for more offers.
It can be a slow progress but as long as you have the passion to pursue programming career, it's not that hard.

Another thing good to get into is math - cause you can tutor it. However, coding might be easier to get into - cause I think the employers are less tight with the degree qualifications - but I could be wrong.
Math or English is easy to tutor. I am applying to be an English teacher.

Hova

Loyalist
This is my dream. I'm planning on teaching myself how to code, and get into cyber security or something of that sort.