Light heavyweight bout - Thiago Santos vs Glover Teixeira

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

A battle of veteran light heavyweight with both having 7 losses. Thiago Santos whose last fight was a narrow decision loss to champion Jon Jones will face Glover Teixeira for the main event of UFC card on November 8, 2020. Santos has 21 wins while Teixeira has 31 wins for his fight record and had won his last fight against Anthony Smith. In the betting odds, Santos is a -200 favorite while Teixeira is the underdog at +180. Both fighters are heavy strikers and they promise to make the fight win the bonus.

Nice. This is going to be a great weekend God-willing. There is the PBC Fight Night on November 7th on Fox. I need to add all of them to my calendar lest I forget.

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #3

It was a great fight of ups and downs for both fighters. In the first round Teixeira was able to get a take down that Santos couldn't defend. It was the same scenario in the 2nd round that underdog Teixeira was winning. In the 3rd round it was a quick knockdown from the heavy hand of Santos that was followed by a ground and pound. But Teixeira was able to grapple and that gave him time to recover. Within seconds Teixeira got another takedown that was followed by a choke then a tap by Santos. Glover Teixera is now the #1 contender in the light heavyweight division with Jan Blachowicz as champion.