Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

JoySticks for PC

Thread Owner : Spikey
Spikey

Spikey

Valued Member
Jul 21, 2020
CB$

Anyone remember when these kind of Joysticks were popular for playing PC games? This was more in the late 1990's early 2000's.
Have you ever owned one?

apathy

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Valued Member
Aug 17, 2020
fortreeforums.xyz
CB$
I did, and I think I only ever got the damned thing to work once or twice. Only game I had that worked with it was "Airfix Dogfighter" and I would have been about 5 years old so I dunno what the issue was. Also don't remember if it was Win98 or 2000 we were using but as far as I know neither were very good so maybe that's where the issue came from.

PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Jun 27, 2020
CB$
Oh yeah, I remember those. Was using my first ever PC with an old model joystick and an early version of flight simulator...was a lot of fun! They were fun to use for a lot of games down the years, but they've certainly gone out of style now, which is a shame.

Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell

Valued Member
Aug 26, 2020
CB$
I loved playing with it. Sadly, I stopped using one, after I lost my mech warrior 2 disk. I have been considering getting one, but I haven't decided if I should get one with your standard options, or one with more to it.

Noah

Noah

Valued Member
Sep 2, 2020
CB$
Yup i bought one when i was a kid all i can say it depends on the games and the person. I played a fighting game with joy stick and what i got only jumps and fly with it. I assumed i can play games better with keyboard and mouse.

LEADTECH

LEADTECH

Valued Member
Aug 11, 2020
CB$
Yes, i had played with this kind of controller back in the day... I usually play Flight Simulator that time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.