It's disgusting throwing garbage anywhere

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #1

It's too disgusting and very insulting to watch a man throwing a sackful of garbage to the river in a video of the one of the national newspapers online sites.

We do understand that waste is waste but it's not just proper to throw it anywhere at our pleasure. There are wastes that could be reused and they're classified as non biodegradable. There are wastes that could be disposed properly by burning or decomposing.

What will happen to our environment if it is well taken care of instead of abusing? What will happen to our surroundings if all wastes are properly disposed? What will happen to our rivers when there are no more garbage thrown there?

This improper disposal is my issue with plastic. Plastic should not be banned because it is very useful to us. What's wrong is the littering and throwing of plastic anywhere especially in the waterways. When they find plastic in the sea they get angry with plastic as if the plastic walked by itself to the sea. Politicians here should have a mind of their own and not just riding on the popularity of the environmental issues.

Yes, its the same everywhere. Sadly, people keep talking about environment and pollution caused by industries but they don't accept the fact that they are also big polluters and damage environment when they throw trash everywhere, especially plastic bottles and bags.

  • Like
Reactions:ZandraJoi and Nocturnal Thinker
    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #4

Yes, its the same everywhere. Sadly, people keep talking about environment and pollution caused by industries but they don't accept the fact that they are also big polluters and damage environment when they throw trash everywhere, especially plastic bottles and bags.
You have the point there. Throwing the garbage anywhere or especially in the canal or waterway should be well regulated but the question is who will the cudgel to do it. That's always the problem.

In school, the children are taught in the classes on how to handle wastes in the proper way. It's being emphasized to the them the waste segregation. The biodegradable, the non biodegradable, and the toxins are separated in their respective receptacles. That's practice in school.

This mode of waste segregation is also implemented by the local government units particularly in the Barangay headed by Punong Barangay and collaborated by the different purok officers. In so doing, cleanliness in the community is well implemented.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
Jeremy

Jeremy

Throwing garbage and refuse anywhere around the community contribute to environmental pollution, which leads to blockage of drainage system and eventually leads to flooding. So individuals is advised to dispose refuse properly into the waste bin Or government provision waste system.

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #6

Throwing garbage and refuse anywhere around the community contribute to environmental pollution, which leads to blockage of drainage system and eventually leads to flooding. So individuals is advised to dispose refuse properly into the waste bin Or government provision waste system.
That's the proper way of disposing the wastes. In fact, they should be segregated so that they could be properly treated and disposed accordingly.

In school, the students are taught in how to get rid of their garbage properly. Every classroom has it's own bin for biodegradable, non-biodegradable and toxic.

And they're required to do the same at their respective homes.

Of course it's disgusting and improper to just throw garbage anywhere, so it's indeed preferable to just burn it everytime it piles up in your home.

One of the greatest problems in the urban area is waste management. It is natural for people to create waste through their various activities, however, what's not good is the lack of waste management. Few take little steps you can easily manage your own waste. For example, you can create compost out of your organic waste and upcycle plastic, glass, or tin containers.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

People tend to not care. They throw it out their car driving. We live rural & my husband actually caught someone trying to dump bags of garbage into the ditch. The lady had an attitude thinking she had the right.