Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Is it true that Windows 10 is the last operating system by Microsoft?

I have read that Windows 10 will be the final operating system of Microsoft. Maybe they realized that creating an operating system from time to time is like stuffing the users with updates and upgrades. That is good for mankind to have only 1 operating system that will work for maybe 10 years or so. My desktop that I am using frequently is running on Windows XP which is almost 20 years old now (while the computer is 10 years old). That OS is still serving me good so what is the fuss that I should shift to Windows 7 or Windows 10?.

I have read that Windows 10 will be the final operating system of Microsoft. Maybe they realized that creating an operating system from time to time is like stuffing the users with updates and upgrades. That is good for mankind to have only 1 operating system that will work for maybe 10 years or so. My desktop that I am using frequently is running on Windows XP which is almost 20 years old now (while the computer is 10 years old). That OS is still serving me good so what is the fuss that I should shift to Windows 7 or Windows 10?.
You have the point. It is for business purpose.

And your suggestion to have it renewed is 10 years is feasible and is very beneficial to the users.

Look at the vintage cars. They look to durable and if they're well maintained they run as if they're in running condition.

I haven't heard that but Windows 10 has been around a long time without an update so I guess that is why.

Can't express enough how dangerous it is to still be using Windows XP, it's got several security vulnerabilities that obviously at this point will not be patched.

As for Windows 10 being the last OS, that is what has been passed around, and with them trying more and more to push the "Windows as a Service" (WaaS) platform for "servicing" of machines, it certainly is the way they want to push things. It means they can slowly update and evolve the OS into something completely different over time, like Apple does with Mac OSX, and yet it's still the same experience. Removes the need to push a new OS every few years because they're still updating and modernizing under the hood, but without the full rewrite.

For me, personally, I prefer the iterative approach Linux takes to OS development, and I also prefer the more open development aspects of Linux as a whole, but Microsoft have built themselves a solid platform that many people like and will use for years to come. I use Win10 on my main machine (for now), and Linux on everything else.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in