Is baseball losing popularity?

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1

Without precedent for a very long time, all-out participation dipped under 70 million; 17 groups encountered a decrease in 2018. MLB accuses a lot of that of verifiably terrible climate, especially in April. In any case, with the normal game time still more than three hours, fans would not like to risk a taxing evening.

Is baseball losing ubiquity?

I would say it is with the younger crowd but baseball is still very popular atleast in North America and some other countries like Japan, Dominican Republic, etc.
Baseball is trying to change its ways by adding new rules that will help speed up the game a bit and things like that but yes, more can be done to help shorten game times.

  • Agree
Reactions:Jay

I used to love watching ball when i was younger but the speed of the game is why i lost interest.
Baseball is one of those sports I don't mind that is slow for game speed. Especially when your at the ballpark enjoying a warm sunny day, its a good way to relax and hearing the banter from the fans.