Question Is 120 years the maximum life span of humans?

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

I had read in one article that the human body deteriorates as it grows old. The analogy is a picture that you photocopy and then you photocopy the copy. Do that 100 or 1,000 times and you will see that the picture will not be as clear as the original. That is also the genetic condition of the human body that the molecules or cell become weak as we grow old. And the limit is 120 years. I hope science can do something to evade that life span limitation.

It's possible even nine hundred years. Look at Methuselah in the Bible. He lives 969 years.

If the condition the earth gets back to its original form 20 centuries ago, why not? Science can't do that but on the way people live, their environments and everything is natural and primitive ways may live man longer and even the longest.

According to Hinduism, human beings have 100 years to live. The popular blessing in Hinduism says may you live for 100 autumns. I had a grams aunt who lived for 106 years. I have nit met anyone who has lived longer than 106 years

It is said that 5000 years ago, when the epics of Ramayan unfolded and later on, Mahabharata, people lived for almost 150 years. They were also bigger in size and much stronger than what we are now. Nowadays, human longevity is easily around 100 years and in certain rare cases even more so. There is one village in Japan, where almost all residents live for more than 100 years. It actually depends on how natural and pure conditions are around you to determine the longevity of life. In India, there are numerous yogic people who practice hard penance, eat only vegetables or fruits, live a severely austere life and yet live for more than 100 years. The more we abuse and indulge our bodies, the less the life span becomes.

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #5

It's possible even nine hundred years. Look at Methuselah in the Bible. He lives 969 years.

If the condition the earth gets back to its original form 20 centuries ago, why not? Science can't do that but on the way people live, their environments and everything is natural and primitive ways may live man longer and even the longest.
You may be right on that 900 years if you have proof of that other than the account in the Bible. This discussion may sway to religion and I don't think it is a healthy discussion anymore. Anyway, with the age of humans what is assumed is the environment and living conditions now. We cannot compare the olden times with the present time because that would be unfair to the underlying conditions. Right now that maximum 120 years of human life span is just an estimate although it can vary very slightly only.

I think it all depends how well we take care of ourselves but yea we don't live forever here on Earth. Tragedies and accidents happen, illnesses that cuts down on the life expectancy and also family genes have a play in how long we live as well I think.
Here in Canada life expectancy is from 80 to 84 for more people.

  • Like
Reactions:Jay
MajorPain

MajorPain

Feb 28, 2021
COVID is just the beginning of what's to come, we will see many more like it.