I want to Backing up my father's old computer

Neutral Nova

Neutral Nova

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
My father's computer is almost useless.

How can back up my father's old computer?
Is it possible?
Any experience in this, for these types of situations?
Any tips?
How to do it?

PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
The simplest way would be to transfer via an external hdd, just transfer to the external and you're good to go. Could also upload to a cloud service, download from that cloud service to a new machine and then delete the cloud file.

Once you've saved the files to an external or cloud service, or even just a bunch of thumb drives, you can either wipe and re-install the OS, transfer to an OS made for older hardware, move to a new machine entirely, etc.

Reactions:Neutral Nova
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
You can only backup the files in the computer unless you also want to backup the entire computer system that you need another computer for that. Anyway, my suggestion is for you to buy an external hard disk that will run with a USB plug so you can connect it to the USB socket of your computer. Using the Windows explorer you can back the folders one by one. I am assuming that your OS is Windows.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
There are two ways to back up a computer, one cloud back up, two, external hard disk back up. For cloud back up, your computer must be connected to the internet. How long it takes to cloud back up depends on the data size and the connection speed. For external hard disk backup, you have two options, one, you can back up on SSD or Solid State Disk, two, back up on HDD or Hard Disk Drive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.