I want to Backing up my father's old computer

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1
My father's computer is almost useless.

How can back up my father's old computer?
Is it possible?
Any experience in this, for these types of situations?
Any tips?
How to do it?

The simplest way would be to transfer via an external hdd, just transfer to the external and you're good to go. Could also upload to a cloud service, download from that cloud service to a new machine and then delete the cloud file.

Once you've saved the files to an external or cloud service, or even just a bunch of thumb drives, you can either wipe and re-install the OS, transfer to an OS made for older hardware, move to a new machine entirely, etc.

  • Like
Reactions:Neutral Nova

You can only backup the files in the computer unless you also want to backup the entire computer system that you need another computer for that. Anyway, my suggestion is for you to buy an external hard disk that will run with a USB plug so you can connect it to the USB socket of your computer. Using the Windows explorer you can back the folders one by one. I am assuming that your OS is Windows.

  • Like
Reactions:Neutral Nova

There are two ways to back up a computer, one cloud back up, two, external hard disk back up. For cloud back up, your computer must be connected to the internet. How long it takes to cloud back up depends on the data size and the connection speed. For external hard disk backup, you have two options, one, you can back up on SSD or Solid State Disk, two, back up on HDD or Hard Disk Drive.

  • Like
Reactions:Neutral Nova