I cannot use cloud storage with my desktop

  • #1
I have an account in Dropbox and Google Drive. It is very convenient to store my files there for I am accessing them with my laptop and desktop. But this year I cannot access the cloud storage with my desktop. Maybe Google Drive has obsoleted the Windows XP operating system. Now I can only access the cloud storage with my laptop which is not useful anymore to my needs. Presently I am using the flash drive for the regular transfer of files.

Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell

Weird. The only time Google Drive (and One Drive for the matter) gave me trouble, was when I somehow modified something to make it think that I wasn't me anymore. Did you change anything on your end recently? If not, I will do a quick look up to see if they are phasing out access from old operation systems.

  • Like
Reactions:Alexandoy

  • #3
Weird. The only time Google Drive (and One Drive for the matter) gave me trouble, was when I somehow modified something to make it think that I wasn't me anymore. Did you change anything on your end recently? If not, I will do a quick look up to see if they are phasing out access from old operation systems.

It actually stopped supporting Windows XP in 2019. I couldn't find a way to bypass the lack of support. I just couldn't log in to Google Drive or Dropbox using my Windows XP desktop. It makes me wonder why such cloud storage providers have to make old operating systems obsolete. Do they earn from that? I can understand the makers of hardware that they produce newer versions like the 64-bit processors. But with the cloud storage that is free I cannot find the logic.