I bought a smartwatch!

    Thread Owner : sprite1950
  • #1

It wasn't expensive but I love it. It monitors my steps, heart rate, calorie use, blood pressure and sleep pattern. It also informs me when I get a message on my phone and has a camera that I haven't worked out how to use yet. I love it. Has anyone else got one or would you buy one?

  • Like
Reactions:Tumbleweed and Brad P
Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
It wasn't expensive but I love it. It monitors my steps, heart rate, calorie use, blood pressure and sleep pattern. It also informs me when I get a message on my phone and has a camera that I haven't worked out how to use yet. I love it. Has anyone else got one or would you buy one?
I've also recently bought myself a smartwatch and find it amazing to use. It's a Honor ES got it for £89. What one did you buy?

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950

It wasn't expensive but I love it. It monitors my steps, heart rate, calorie use, blood pressure and sleep pattern. It also informs me when I get a message on my phone and has a camera that I haven't worked out how to use yet. I love it. Has anyone else got one or would you buy one?

Nice! Enjoy the smartwatch! One of my friends, he has one and one of my sisters has one as well. I don't think I'll ever get one as I'm pretty disciplined with my workouts but you never know, maybe someday I'll get one.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950
    Thread Owner : sprite1950
  • #4

I've also recently bought myself a smartwatch and find it amazing to use. It's a Honor ES got it for £89. What one did you buy?
Mine isn't even as expensive as that. Its a PopGlory and cost around £30 on Amazon. It had 5 star reviews which is what made me buy it. My friend has an Apple smartwatch which cost hundreds and it doesn't seem to do anything different but then Apple products are ridiculously over priced.

Lee

Lee

I've also recently bought myself a smartwatch and find it amazing to use. It's a Honor ES got it for £89. What one did you buy?
I can't use them. I have health anxiety and focus obsessively on things like the recorded heart rate :eek:

  • Sad
Reactions:sprite1950

Pardon me for saying this but I want to be free. My wife has one, actually 2 because she received another 1 as a gift. But she only used her smart watch for a month and stopped. She said that it ruins her disposition as if the watch is putting pressure on her. Now I realize her point because I see posts in Facebook like achieving 1,000 steps or more for the day. So what if I made 2,000 steps today and tomorrow I did only 50? Oh well, as I said, I want to be free with a life that is easy.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950

I don't have that sophisticated kind of watch which is expensive. Mine is just a health app which monitors my daily activities. It tells how many steps I make, how many kilometers I walk, how many calories I burn, among others.

I don't need that smart watch anymore. Mine is free.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950
    Thread Owner : sprite1950
  • #8

Pardon me for saying this but I want to be free. My wife has one, actually 2 because she received another 1 as a gift. But she only used her smart watch for a month and stopped. She said that it ruins her disposition as if the watch is putting pressure on her. Now I realize her point because I see posts in Facebook like achieving 1,000 steps or more for the day. So what if I made 2,000 steps today and tomorrow I did only 50? Oh well, as I said, I want to be free with a life that is easy.
I understand it might put pressure on people but I don't see it like that at all. I don't care if I don't do a daily number of steps and my blood pressure seems pretty normal. It makes me feel great! I do understand that if people have health concerns it might be worrying for them but I love mine!

  • Like
Reactions:Alexandoy

I haven't bought or tried one yet, but I don't think I would want one because I don't like wearing a watch at this point when I can tell the time using my cellphone.

Sweerie_banana

Hi Siara? The watch is mostly for exercise but who knows I also don't own one. I wouldn't mind it taking count of my steps since I love exercising.