How to prevent flooding

  • #1
Our town is popular with floods because every rainy season the rainwater would create floods that would stay for more than a day. Several years back there was the installation of big drainage pipes that somehow accommodated the rainwater from the roads that flooding was minimized. But in the adjacent town the floods seemed to veered towards that direction. My take is that floods can be minimized but not totally eradicated unless there are pumps to push away the floodwaters to the sea.

Poor drainage systems are the number one cause of flooding in most countries.

Jeremy

Jeremy

flooding is caused by improper drainage system within a community. Ways to prevent it, is to construct a proper drainage system that help to channel the waters to the nearest rivers or ocean.

You install proper drainage and direct the water to a dam, and you won't have to worry about floods ever again. Actually it is that easy.