How often do you get medical check-ups?

Duks

Routinely getting your health assessed reduces the risk of getting chronically or terminally ill. It is generally recommended to get a physical exam once a year if you're younger than 50 and in good health, and once every 3 years if your 50 or over. These, however, are not set in stone. More or less time may be recommended depending on other factors, such as whether or not you have a particular pre-existing condition.

How often, if ever, do you get medical check-ups? Personally, I rarely visit the doctor's office unless I'm sick or injured.

I go once a year for my annual physical check up and I go once every 3 months to get my prescription as I was diagnosed as a child with chronic pain so the meds help keep the pain at a low level. Besides that I rarely go to the doctor if I have a head cold or something like that as that can be easily treatable by ourselves.

Sweerie_banana

I never go for any medical checkups. I only go to the hospital when I am sick. I am never sick that's why the people around me never take me seriously when I fall sick. I am so thankful to God for such a good health system. I know checkups are crucial for everybody I just see no need to go to the hospital especially after the pandemic. I still fear going to hospitals and health centers.

I never have a doctor's appointment outside the required checkup that you undergo when you're working or studying. Luckily for me I never show any symptoms of illness.

I think it was more than 5 years ago when I had my last medical checkup. When I feel nothing wrong then I do not go for a checkup because that would only get me worried. I do not want to be thinking of my health all the time that my cholesterol level is high or my blood sugar is nearing the diabetic level. Some friends receive that kind of reading and that makes them scared.

I must admit because my health is good I don't go regularly. I only go if I have something wrong. I do however have a home blood pressure monitor because it is not always possible to tell whether blood pressure is high. It is often called the silent killer.

I rarely go to a doctor for a routine check up. In fact I don't go to a doctor until something serious happens. However, I do routine tests like blood test, urine test, stool test. When I do blood test I do blood sugar test, liver function test, renal function test, etc.

I suffer from hypertension so I go for medical consult three times in a year. Occasionally I might visit the doctor in case of seasonal flu etc.

I rarely go to the doctor for a check up although I probably should now that I am older. I keep an eye on my blood pressure but as my dad had high cholesterol I should probably get mine checked. Last time I went about 2 years ago it was normal.