How do you prolong the life of the bread loaf?

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

Our problem with the loaf of bread is that it lasts for 3 to 4 days with us because there are only 3 of us at home eating breakfast. Sometimes we have rice. After 2 or 3 days the bread develops bluish spots that I suspect is fungus or mold. Sometimes I cut off the affected part and I toast the bread for good measure. An aunt advised me to freeze the bread and it can be toasted anyway. For starters we are keeping the loaf in the fridge and not in the freezer. The cold bread is easier to toast then when it is in the freezer.

LEADTECH

LEADTECH

loaf bread must be very well sealed . I always put the bread to the fridge.

I think the best way to prolong the life of a bread loaf is to freeze it, but I doubt if it will taste the same as it did when it was fresh!