Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

How do you manage to fall asleep?

Does any one else has a problem falling asleep due to change in life patterns now? I do. I try deep breathing, warm milk etc. but it really does not help. I wish I could just go out frequently for long tiring walks as I used to previously.

Well, with me it really depends on what my plans for the day entails. If I end up doing something to stay up, you will see me stay up near, or past midnight.

Where do you live, that prevents you from enjoying walks? Where I live, we don't have worries about it, as most people around here aren't out in their front lawns 24/7, and generally know when to walk around someone to practice distancing oneself.

I exercise alot and also do yoga. I find this really helps. I will listen to relaxing music like soft classical music to help me relax and fall asleep.

Well, with me it really depends on what my plans for the day entails. If I end up doing something to stay up, you will see me stay up near, or past midnight.

Where do you live, that prevents you from enjoying walks? Where I live, we don't have worries about it, as most people around here aren't out in their front lawns 24/7, and generally know when to walk around someone to practice distancing oneself.
Well, the place I live in is a colony with separate apartment blocks each having a walled in parking around it. There are many designate places for walking around but we still have a bit of restrictions on moving in the public as the epidemic is still quite strong. I could go out if I wanted to but but have to restrain myself.

Many of us will fall asleep from being mentally tired so i do something physical which makes me tired and then i fall to sleep

i don't sometimes as i have three pain conditions

Everyone isn't exempted of sleep deprivation or insomnia for there are so many underlying factors like the health condition of the person, the noisy environment, the effect of medication, the pressure of work demands, among others.

And to get to sleep is not easy if you are a senior citizen or teenager who is madly in love. In like manner over excited of something to receive like a new job or promotion.

However, in every problem there's always a solution. You said drinking milk could be possible and also taking a warm bath. Wearing a sleep mask may also work. Doing some exercises may facilitate getting drowsy likewise.

In short, it's too subjective. It depends on the person especially his lifestyle.

I have a changed sleeping pattern when my wife's work schedule was changed to an earlier slot. My bedtime used to be 11 pm but now that my wife had to wake up at 4 am so our bedtime has been earlier at 9 pm. In the first week it was not easy to adjust that I always lacked sleep. I just avoided taking a nap in the daytime. That made it easier to adapt to the new bedtime.

In my experience I never had any trouble falling asleep, I always fall asleep easily, so even if I'm less active during the day, I still sleep easily and have never experienced getting insomnia.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in