Website
erinskidds.website
    Thread Owner : DudeThatsErin
  • #1
I have my own Reddit and discord server dedicated to this exact subject. I am also partnered with a forum to help people as well. A lot of people learn using that every day. I learned using online resources, a bit of school, and W3Schools as well as Codecademy.

What about you?

  • Like
Reactions:bomb

I didn't have Reddit or social media back when I started learning, so it was a me, notepad and books at first, then I found a few online communities and used the official documentation for whatever languages offered them back then. Also sites like W3Schools and HTMLGoodies :-)

I learned many at a community college and also from self-help books. I never really got into learning programming online, though it's free and probably how most do it these days.

bomb

bomb

I have my own Reddit and discord server dedicated to this exact subject. I am also partnered with a forum to help people as well. A lot of people learn using that every day. I learned using online resources, a bit of school, and W3Schools as well as Codecademy.

What about you?
Well, i am a newbie in programming. Just started learning to code when coronavirus struck. I thought I should keep my brain cells active. So i use Grasshopper App by google. https://grasshopper.app/

It is best when you are just a noob, and just want to learn from scratch. So far I have been able to code a script for my pet confessions website. A site that I just made to test my skills in coding. And somehow people like it. But it is full of bugs because I develop it on the go. Every day I learn something new and implement it on the site.

I wouldn't mind getting deeper into coding. Although since am an old dog, am sure i will not do much! But it is fun anyway!

Paladin

Paladin

Location
Cyberspace
Website
chatbanter.com
I wouldn't mind getting deeper into coding. Although since am an old dog, am sure i will not do much! But it is fun anyway!
Coding isn't one of the "you can't teach a dog new tricks" skills. The beauty of coding is that you can learn it at your own pace and you are the one who sets the goals and gains the rewards from it.

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Well, in my case I learned C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL, thanks to my university.
I learned Python thanks to my skill training. Well, it's related to office skill stuff and we usually don't get a say in it. Based on the current projects, people are trained in these skills.

Most of the time, all the programming languages are the same. Only the syntax differs but the concepts remains the same.