Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
431
Reaction score
91
CB$
10,854
In these times of Covid-19 epidemic, personal immunity has become a priority for all of us. Experts and nutritionists name various vitamins, minerals, supplements, superfoods etc. that will help increase our immunity levels. I personally rely on traditional practices. In India, as per our Ayurveda practitioners, we use easily available spices and condiments for this purpose. I make a herbal tea using cinnamon, cardamon, black pepper, dried ginger, fennel seeds, turmeric and drink this twice a day. This tea also is useful in cough and cold, soothe throat irritation and to clear sinuses. Do share your own remedies as well.

I don't take any pill or tablets for improving the immunity of my body. Just the usual morning exercise and nutritious food plus fruits. I also drink our herbal tea that is made from lemon grass to control the cholesterol. We do not subscribe to the other herbal products especially those commercially packed which is intended for business. When going natural it is the fresh herb that you should use and not the product on the store shelf. Don't forget that enough sleep and rest is also needed especially when you have a lot of physical activities for the day. For me, health is wealth so I try to avoid vices like cigarettes and liquor.

I mostly watch what I consume. I try to keep a healthy diet all the time. I eat a lot of fruits and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. I also take green tea and a lot of hot fluids. I love it when the temperature of the drink is hot. I think it has been ages since I have had a cold drink. I also enjoy going to the farm with my family and picking up some green leaves that we boil and we steam ourselves.

I do not think I can take a pill because I haven't been prescribed anything. I rarely take supplements too. I love the idea of the spices. I love chili in my food. I always feel like it opens up my nose in case I have a cold.

I don't take any pill or tablets for improving the immunity of my body. Just the usual morning exercise and nutritious food plus fruits. I also drink our herbal tea that is made from lemon grass to control the cholesterol. We do not subscribe to the other herbal products especially those commercially packed which is intended for business. When going natural it is the fresh herb that you should use and not the product on the store shelf. Don't forget that enough sleep and rest is also needed especially when you have a lot of physical activities for the day. For me, health is wealth so I try to avoid vices like cigarettes and liquor.
That is true...using pills or store bought supplements are useful but only for a short time. It is more of how we otherwise lead a good healthy life with ample physical activity, the kind of food that we eat, alcohol, tobacco etc. that determines our good health. I always prepare all our foods using only fresh vegetables and from scratch by myself. I also practice yoga as much as possible.

I mostly watch what I consume. I try to keep a healthy diet all the time. I eat a lot of fruits and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. I also take green tea and a lot of hot fluids. I love it when the temperature of the drink is hot. I think it has been ages since I have had a cold drink. I also enjoy going to the farm with my family and picking up some green leaves that we boil and we steam ourselves.

I do not think I can take a pill because I haven't been prescribed anything. I rarely take supplements too. I love the idea of the spices. I love chili in my food. I always feel like it opens up my nose in case I have a cold.
That is so interesting, do you visit your own farm? And what kind of green leaves do you use for steaming purpose? Do share more about the leaves.

I make sure I follow a healthy diet but I also take Vitamin D and Omega 3, I have no idea whether it does any good but it's not expensive and it makes me feel as if I am doing something to keep myself healthy. I am on no medication even though I have just reached 70 so I guess I'm doing something right.

Last edited:
Back
Top