How do you host your website(s)?

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1
In the event that you have one or more sites, how would you have to host them?
I mean.. what kind of hosting solution arrangement did you go for?

Something like Squarespace that deals with everything. Or on the other hand a basic site on some shared hosting plan. Or on the other hand, possibly attempting to run it yourself on a VPS or devoted worker?

Nabix

Nabix

Location
127.0.01
A VPS is the best solution once you learn the ins and outs of web administration. Shared hosting is really on meant for small blogs, personal, and business sites. Anything more its best to use a VPS host. Scale your hosting with your usage...

I have a VPS at the moment. Used to have my own dedicated server, that was EXPENSIVE and needless since what started out as a bit of a flash in the pan success site dwindled pretty quickly (we're talking 2004-ish time frame, a project of mine actually took off and become successful for...well...5 minutes...), big mistake investing in a dedi. VPS is the perfect scale for my few websites, suits my needs and doesn't break the bank. Shared is perfectly fine for one small-medium sized site, though!

  • Like
Reactions:Nabix

I have a simple content site, there are just about 80 articles, there are a lot of images but no video uploads. The website is hosted on a shared hosting. The hosting package I have allows to host upto 3 websites. Even though I do not have any intention to host another website, in case I decide to host a nother wbesite, I will do so from this hosting package.

  • Like
Reactions:PGen98