How do you calm down your sibling?

My 2 sisters are my usual enemy at home. The only way to calm them down is for me to go away. When there is an argument and they start to yell that means the heat is starting. I know that they are wrong but I wouldn't insist so the war will not escalate. The problem is my mother had spoiled those 2 since they are the youngest in the brood. Until they became adults they did not change. Now they are residing in the US so my life is peaceful here in our country.

  • Like
Reactions:bomb
bomb

bomb

My 2 sisters are my usual enemy at home. The only way to calm them down is for me to go away. When there is an argument and they start to yell that means the heat is starting. I know that they are wrong but I wouldn't insist so the war will not escalate. The problem is my mother had spoiled those 2 since they are the youngest in the brood. Until they became adults they did not change. Now they are residing in the US so my life is peaceful here in our country.
Interesting. Sound like a plan. Same to what @PGen98 said. It seems giving them time is the best way forward. Just giving them some space.

  • Like
Reactions:PGen98 and Alexandoy
Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell

I generally try to give them space when they are angry. Most of my siblings are hot heads, so it is hard to reason with them to calm them down when they are angry.

Interesting. Sound like a plan. Same to what @PGen98 said. It seems giving them time is the best way forward. Just giving them some space.
Yep, it's the best strategy to use. Can't get anywhere if they're just raging in your face the whole time, so give them space, let them get out whatever they need to get out, and try again later. Often times they'll come to you to sort things out.

I just say 'calm down' and let it be or walk away until they are actually calmed down.