Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

How do we dispose the face mask?

I have noticed the used face mask that they are getting to be prevalent in the street. People just throw when they don't need anymore. Maybe because the face mask is cheap at 3 pieces for only 20 cents. I have read that the face mask should be disposed of properly because it is considered a medical waste which may be infectious. If we continue to be using face masks then expect that object to be seen in the waterways and even in the oceans too.

It sucks because governments are now selling the donated surgical face masks which were initially meant to be free. Since these masks are very cheap and can't be used again, people just dispose of them anyhow.

Very relevant and useful thread! I have seen how carelessly people are throwing used masks around and seen pictures of how poor birds and little animals are getting trapped in the loops of these masks. People do not even bother to cut the loops. Ideally, differently labeled or coloured trash cans should be installed in each street corners and public places where people can dispose of these masks. These masks can then be bleached and disinfected and incinerated.

It sucks because governments are now selling the donated surgical face masks which were initially meant to be free. Since these masks are very cheap and can't be used again, people just dispose of them anyhow.
I agree the masks should be free cause the same government is arresting you if you aren't wearing one.
We have a composte site where we burn the masks and all the litter from the house.

I have noticed the used face mask that they are getting to be prevalent in the street. People just throw when they don't need anymore. Maybe because the face mask is cheap at 3 pieces for only 20 cents. I have read that the face mask should be disposed of properly because it is considered a medical waste which may be infectious. If we continue to be using face masks then expect that object to be seen in the waterways and even in the oceans too.
It's the same here, you can see them lying all over the streets waiting for the litter pickers to dispose of them. I have a reusable mask but even if I did use disposable I would take them home and dispose of them in the garbage.

@Sweerie_banana there are cities and towns here that give face mask and face shield for those people in the street without wearing such requirements. But there are also some areas where violators are arrested.

@sprite1950 all the face masks that I have used are kept in a drawer in my computer table. The first mask that I used was before the pandemic era. I was given that face mask when I visited my wife's sister in the ICU in a hospital in 2019. I kept that mask for souvenir... my sister-in-law died an hour after we visited her.

I agree the masks should be free cause the same government is arresting you if you aren't wearing one.
We have a composte site where we burn the masks and all the litter from the house.
They should at least mount recycling bins in the streets to make sure that masks are disposed off well.

There's no instructions in the box of the face mask on what to do though it's labeled as disposable.

Others throw them anywhere. Others dispose it proper to the garbage bin.

As I take my daily walking along the city street, I see some scattered pieces of face mask on the street.

The people aren't really aware on how to dispose those masks.

"@sprite1950 all the face masks that I have used are kept in a drawer in my computer table. The first mask that I used was before the pandemic era. I was given that face mask when I visited my wife's sister in the ICU in a hospital in 2019. I kept that mask for souvenir... my sister-in-law died an hour after we visited her."

@Alexandoy That's very sad but it's nice that you have a memory of her through the mask.

I find that even disposable masks can be washed a few times and come out looking as good as new.

I use cloth mask. Therefore, the masks I use are resuable. Every day I use a new mask and in the evening when I return home, I toss them in a drawer. In the weekend, I wash my masks ans hang them to dry in the sun.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in