Location
Downtown
    Thread Owner : Cityscape
  • #1
Graphic design is a very creative and niche job to get into and I think that is can be very hard to learn from switching careers later on in life. How do you learn graphic design and improve on your skills in order to find a job in that kind of field? Are there classes you can take or tutorials online that can help you get better at it? I'm interested to know how people getting into graphic design and what they use to learn new things. Do you have any tips or tricks?

Uncrowned

Uncrowned

Website
uncrownedaddiction.com
There are tons of college-level classes offered including entire graphic design degrees. For those not wanting to go the professional route, the internet is full of helpful guides and tutorials for graphic designs. There is also the good-old, just do it. Although many programs like Photoshop are massively complex at this point to just jump into.

However, after a few free guides and videos and focusing on achieving a goal, anyone can get started with it and build from there. Most seem to forget that it is an art and therefore most people start terrible at it and never stop learning as they perform the skills.

  • Like
Reactions:Jay