What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Homemade baked potato

Thread Owner : Alexandoy
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
The ingredients are big potatoes, cheese, butter. Bacon can be added if you desire. After cleaning the potatoes, cut in half and put a slit in the center to accommodate the butter. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Add the cheese (and the bacon) for another baking of 15 minutes. It is best eaten after cooling a bit but while the butter is still flowing. This simple baking is good for a snack that is full of carbohydrates for energy.

Reactions:Nocturnal Thinker
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I have tasted baked potato once while I was in UK and it was really delicious. I tried to make once at home in my oven, but it didn't turn out so well, the taste was good but the potatoes didn't retain texture, they became too mushy. I guess there are different varieties of potatoes for baking which make them retain texture well when baked. Do you think it is possible?

Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Jul 28, 2020
CB$
I don't think so. The first batch always comes out all messed up and whatnot. I would suggest giving it another go and follow the recipe to the letter.

Reactions:nangk08
Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
The ingredients are big potatoes, cheese, butter. Bacon can be added if you desire. After cleaning the potatoes, cut in half and put a slit in the center to accommodate the butter. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Add the cheese (and the bacon) for another baking of 15 minutes. It is best eaten after cooling a bit but while the butter is still flowing. This simple baking is good for a snack that is full of carbohydrates for energy.
That's wonderful and your recipe is good and easy to follow. I know you're a good cook. You cook for your wife. That's my weakness for my wife. I know a little how to cook.

Potatoes are good kind of root crop. They are nutritious for they are rich in protein and other essential vitamins and minerals. They are a good food for everyone but its price however is too costly especially per kilo.

By the way, is sweet potato a good substitute for your recipe if there's no potato available? Sweet potatoes are very common in our place. They could be bought in the market especially during market day.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I don't think so. The first batch always comes out all messed up and whatnot. I would suggest giving it another go and follow the recipe to the letter.
I think I will try it once more! Reading all the above posts has made my mouth water now! ?

Reactions:Hova

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.