Hockey Talk Thread

Jay

Jay

Community Leader
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
CB$
I see many sports topics here but very little on the good old hockey game, anyone watch? yes I'm an Oilers fan.
edmonton oilers GIF by NHL

PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I loved the old Oilers/Stars series in the early 00s, made the playoffs so much fun!

It is a bit odd only playing in the realigned divisions this year and then going into the playoffs. Safer this way, I know, but I do miss seeing the other teams playing. I also somewhat hate the fact we're playing the Bolts so many times this year after how the finals went...I'm still hopeful Dallas can get back there, but it would've been nice not to have to face the Bolts so many times in the season to do so.

Oilers seem to be getting stronger and stronger so long as McDavid and Draisaitl keep pacing the team in scoring and Smith keeps up his rebound year.

• Agree
Reactions:Jay
Spikey

Spikey

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I'm a Seattle Kraken fan! I'm a big Seattle sports fan. Mariners, Seahawks, etc. Until the Kraken play I've been a embarassed Flames fan since I was young.

Reactions:Jay and PGen98
PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
It'll be interesting to see how the Kraken do when they start play. Love their look so far, and they've made some interesting moves in terms of the front office, but we'll get a real sense for them when the expansion draft takes place.

Spikey

Spikey

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
It'll be interesting to see how the Kraken do when they start play. Love their look so far, and they've made some interesting moves in terms of the front office, but we'll get a real sense for them when the expansion draft takes place.

Yea I'm looking forward to the expansion draft. I already bought a Kraken shirt and some memorabilia to show off.

Reactions:PGen98
PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I absolutely hated the Knights look when they first unveiled it, but it's really grown on me since their inception. The Kraken, though, their look is really nice! Part Seattle Thunderbirds meets Mariners, so very appropriate for Seattle, and the logo looks good. Admittedly, I am waiting for their first scrap on the ice, because you know immediately after that fans of whatever team they're playing will start calling them the Karens. It's a self-made joke now, so I'm waiting to see how long before it gets used against them :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.