Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Hearing Music vs Listening to It

Thread Owner : Jayson
J

Jayson

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$
On the movie, White Men Can't Jump, Woody Harrelson's black basketball partner argued that white people could listen to Jimi Hendrix, but could not hear him. Do you think this is the case? Well, I do think stuff like The Blues comes alive if someone has really experienced heartache. They just don't get it until then.

Davidisms

Davidisms

Valued Member
Jun 30, 2020
CB$
Yeah, One can really grasp something if one has an emotional connect. Somethings just don't resonate with you until then.

Also some profound things only make sense to you if you have achieved required consciousness level. Until then it would be just gibberish or plain stupid to you.

Last edited:
Reactions:Jayson
M

Mildredtabitha

Valued Member
Jul 29, 2020
CB$
I do both of them but it depends .like i f that song has some things that I can relate to I find myself searching for the lyrics and writing them down.

S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
It made me think that hearing is a bit different from listening when it comes music, and I guess you're right. Hearing doesn't make you pay attention to the music unlike listening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.