Having real friends with online friends

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

For sure all of us have many online friends. But how many of them do you think can be considered real friends? Some years back, I have met a group of my online friends in Hongkong. There were 4 of them there. I again met them when we came back after 2 years. In Bangkok one online friend is now a real friend after the first meeting. There's also another and another. I think there are more than 10 of them that I now consider personal friends that I only met them in Facebook.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
LEADTECH

LEADTECH

I found some new friends online.We used to chat and talk into the coffee shop.I met them on a streaming site and then we became good friends.

  • Like
Reactions:Brad P
apathy

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
fortreeforums.xyz
The only of my online friends I've met IRL were more acquaintances then anything else and met up once or twice to go to gigs. Never really stayed in contact after, but I still certainly believe online friends can be true friends. While I've not met them IRL yet me and some of my online pals have stayed in contact for over 12 years and still talk daily. I reckon I'll be meeting one of them once lockdown eases up more since they moved to the north of my country, but the other one lives in Canada so thats trickier

Davidisms

Davidisms

Good for you to get some good friends online. I have not been able to find any friends online!

I reconnected with many a school/College chums online though! :love:

Require

I mean I do prefer meeting people IRL.... But due to COVID-19 it ain't easy but Yea Online Friends are good but they are still strangers tbh and the Internet is a bit dangerous sometimes in a sense Trusting a Online Friend vs meeting IRL Friend (example a school friend/Colleague from work.)

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #7

Love to hear some success stories, i have never met anyone online after chatting to them online to become friends.
One time my wife and I were in the airport for Bangkok. I saw a woman in the boarding area that looks familiar. When the announcement of the Singapore flight was mentioned in the public address system, that woman's name came to my mind. Yeah, she was Imelda. I approached her and with a smile, she smiled back and called my name. We are friends in Facebook and it was the first time we met, accidentally. Of course, a picture with her was in order.

  • Like
Reactions:apathy

Sweerie_banana

I haven't met my online friends for a while now, but I do consider them my personal friends especially when the feeling is mutual for not having seen each other for a while. I do watch out cause some of them may not be so genuine since people's change and you cannot know what's inside their heart.

Nowadays I am so busy looking for more money that I rarely have time to hang with friends. I feel that they may say I don't have much of the time to spend with them.

My friends have thousands of 'fake friends' online. You go to a person's facebook and they have almost 10,000 friends but only know 10 of them personally.

  • Like
Reactions:Require
Lord Saru

Lord Saru

I found three of my most prized friends from an online dating site. We have been friends for the past 2 years now.

I miss those days when me and a sweet south African lady would come up online at 6pm and chat over the internet for 3 to 4 hours. At the end of the day, its a testimony to the fact that where you make your friends are not inportant, how you make them is.

Last edited: