• Welcome to The Community

Have you taken walking as your routine daily exercise?

As a senior citizen I find a practical form of exercise to keep myself physically fit. It's an exercise that it costs me nothing that time and efforts. It's the one that I could do it anytime without pressure or encumbrance. And it's walking.

I started in February 2020 and as of this month of September. I did it early in the morning and late in the afternoon. I walked along the less traffic city streets or along the peaceful boulevard we have in our place. I have a health app that monitors my activities.

Yesterday, I completed 10.19 kilometers in 96 minutes with 13,130 steps and 1,478 calories burned.

How's that?

luri

Member
I have a tight schedule, I have to do household chores, take care of kids, go to work, and then if I manage to find the time, I also work online. On the weekdays, I hardly get time for walking, however, on the weekends, I always go for a long walk especially in the morning. Even on the weekdays, sometimes after having dinner, I walk with my spouse in the neighborhood. walking is fun as well as healthy.

nangk08

Member
I like walking and it is the only thing that really works for me with my schedule. Though I don't work outside now, I do all the chores around the house, cooking, cleaning, washing up etc. Take care of my son, run errands etc. do a bit of gardening and work online. So walking while shopping, buying groceries etc. works foe me well.

Spikey

Member
I always go for walks especially if the weather is nice. I like to take different routes when I go for walks so it's different every time. If the weather is bad I go to the gym or I use my cardio elliptical machine at home.
Walking is great for the body to keep lose.

sprite1950

Member
I have put on weight over lockdown but today is where I take back control and start walking briskly again. Since I stopped walking regularly every day I can feel that my clothes are tighter so even if it rains I will still walk. Here's to a new slim me:unsure:

luri

Member
I like walking and it is the only thing that really works for me with my schedule. Though I don't work outside now, I do all the chores around the house, cooking, cleaning, washing up etc. Take care of my son, run errands etc. do a bit of gardening and work online. So walking while shopping, buying groceries etc. works foe me well.
The best thing about walking is you can do it anytime you want. Instead of driving to your workplace or grocery, you can walk. You can walk around your home doing your household chores, you can do gardening and walk at the same time. However, you can enjoy the true benefits of walking only when take the time to go for a long walk.

  • #10
Yes I do it almost every day.
That's wonderful. That's a good practice to walk everyday How many hours is the duration of your walking? In my case I usually walk for 30 minutes to 60 minutes.

Tonight I took a walk and completed 5.22 kilometers with 1,357 calories burned. I finished it in 71 minutes.

Top