Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Environment Have you ever planted a tree?

Duks

Planting trees can be very beneficial to the environment, as well as the community who will benefit from the aesthetic, shade and/or fruits produced by the trees. Have you ever planted one or more trees? Personally, I don't think I have, to be honest. At least not that I can remember.

I tried planting the seed of a papaya tree, but it didn't grow, I was just a kid back then. As an adult I have never tried it, maybe if I obtain some seeds I would.

On December 30, 2020 there were 6 trees that I planted in the farm of my niece. It is actually a vacation home built on a vast piece of land (4 hectares) so there are plenty of spaces to plant trees. On my next trip there probably in February (that's next month) I will be bringing more saplings to plant in that farm. What I planted were fruit trees because I am after the harvest of the fruits.

I live in a town, but I have a small farm. During the weekends, I visit my farm. I have just about two hectares of land. A large part of the farmland is used for the cultivation of rice, corn, vegetables, etc. However, there is also a small orchard in the farm. I have mango, guava, jackfruit, lychee, pomegranate, lemons, limes, and many other trees on my farm. Every year, during the rainy season, which happens to be June through August, I plant new trees on my farm.

I live in a town, but I have a small farm. During the weekends, I visit my farm. I have just about two hectares of land. A large part of the farmland is used for the cultivation of rice, corn, vegetables, etc. However, there is also a small orchard in the farm. I have mango, guava, jackfruit, lychee, pomegranate, lemons, limes, and many other trees on my farm. Every year, during the rainy season, which happens to be June through August, I plant new trees on my farm.
So cool! What kind of trees do you plant? Fruit trees or others such as peepal, Banyan etc. Do you live in India?

So cool! What kind of trees do you plant? Fruit trees or others such as peepal, Banyan etc. Do you live in India?
Planting peepal and Banyan is considered a religious act in my culture. I have tried creating bonsai from peepal and banyan, however, I have never tried planting these species. They take a lot of space. On my farm, I plant fruit-bearing trees and also the trees that can be used as fodder for plants. I plant just about a dozen trees every year. I plant mango, guava, lychee etc.
No! I don't live in India. I am from Nepal!

Planting peepal and Banyan is considered a religious act in my culture. I have tried creating bonsai from peepal and banyan, however, I have never tried planting these species. They take a lot of space. On my farm, I plant fruit-bearing trees and also the trees that can be used as fodder for plants. I plant just about a dozen trees every year. I plant mango, guava, lychee etc.
No! I don't live in India. I am from Nepal!
I always thought that you are from India as you are a Hindu too like me! So nice to meet you, though I know lot of Nepalese people who live in my locality, never met any online. So we do share a common culture and beliefs. In India too, Peepal and banyan trees are considered sacred and worshiped. In fact, there is an entire day dedicated to worshiping the banyan tree, where married ladies dress up in their fine silks and jewellery, worship the tree and go around it twining a thread around the tree. All the rituals are designed to offer gratitude to the trees for what good they do to us.

Since the past 20 years I've been planting trees now. My favorite part is planting sakura trees because they are so beautiful plus they are the first trees I along with others planted in our neighborhood. Plus I love planting orange and apple trees because they are my favorite fruits, I've planted grape wines aswell especially red grapes. I've also been a part of plantation drives in which we planted pine trees in the hills of my home city.

The football team in my area started this motion and I have been planting trees in my home. I have hurt my fingers so I took a break but I need ten thousand trees and it's been hectic to get there but I am healing and I intend to get back on track and plant some more.

We live where there are already so many trees that you can barely even see the sky in the summer, and the whole area around us is that way.
We have planted some fruit trees, and they are growing, but slowly, since the large pine and elm trees do not let much sun in during the summer growing season.

I next tried planting some berries: blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries; but before we could eat any of the berries, the squirrels and birds eat them.
This year, we are going to move the berry bushes into the back yard and see if they can grow better there. The neighbor has cut down some of the trees on his side that were blocking the sunlight, and our little dogs play in the back yard where it is fenced, so that might discourage the squirrels and birds from eating the green fruit.

Many years ago, I worked for a nursery company, and part of the job was to plant the seedling trees in the field where they were growing them, and that was definitely not an easy job, and we had to be bending over to plant each tree, and then back upright again to dig the hole for the next tree.
I was glad when that job was finished !

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In