Have you ever imagined yourself as a programmer, back in the day?

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Valued Member
Registered Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
177
Reaction score
27
CB$
5,722
I have been imagined myself to be a programmer, when I was a kid. To be honest, I don't even know how to switch on the computer and set a password to it, until I turned 17. That's how much I avoided computer even during the classes.

After I got my first laptop though, everything changed and I eventually started learning programming and here I am now, as a software engineer. What about you guys? What's your story?

well I always wanted to give it a go when I was in school watching others doing it, I remember buying a book on basic programming but my mind always started drifting.

Although now I'm far from being anything like a software engineer I can learn easily and adapt quickly if required to using anything with programming.

The extent of my programming knowledge is copy and paste. lol There used to be a website called Expages where they made it extremely easy for people to make websites. I played with that for many hours as a teen. Messed around with Myspaces of course back when that was a thing. Overall, I leave the programming to the experts. haha

I have been imagined myself to be a programmer, when I was a kid. To be honest, I don't even know how to switch on the computer and set a password to it, until I turned 17. That's how much I avoided computer even during the classes.

After I got my first laptop though, everything changed and I eventually started learning programming and here I am now, as a software engineer. What about you guys? What's your story?
Actually that is the only thing I think about. I want to get into Cyber Security or something of that sort, and I think you are the right person to help me out. Did you learn coding by yourself because that is what I am currently trying to do? Do you have any free online resources that you think will help me out on my journey?

I never thought about programming until I began to earn online. I started with paid to post sites and later joined freelancer sites. When I was in the freelancer sites, I found out that in order to earn better I need specialized skills. That's how I found about programming and its value in the job market.

Actually that is the only thing I think about. I want to get into Cyber Security or something of that sort, and I think you are the right person to help me out. Did you learn coding by yourself because that is what I am currently trying to do? Do you have any free online resources that you think will help me out on my journey?
That's a no from me.
I have done my university masters in coding and that's how I learned most of the stuff. Well, if you really want to learn coding by yourself, then try Edx.org website. It doesn't give you any free certificates but it's still good.
But if you need certificates, then try sailor.org website. Good luck!

That's a no from me.
I have done my university masters in coding and that's how I learned most of the stuff. Well, if you really want to learn coding by yourself, then try Edx.org website. It doesn't give you any free certificates but it's still good.
But if you need certificates, then try sailor.org website. Good luck!
I really appreciate this. I will check out the sites and go from there. Thanks Rafiki.

Back
Top