Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Handheld Gaming

Thread Owner : Jayson
J

Jayson

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$
You know, stuff like Game Boy and it's modern equivalents. Who plays them? What do you play? What games do you play?

PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Jun 27, 2020
CB$
I frequently play handheld systems. I own a GameBoy, GameBoy Colour, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Advance SP, DS Lite, 3DS, New 3DS XL, Game Gear and a Nomad. I rotate through a few of them when the mood takes me. Each platform has some great games and I love that the older GameBoys were region free, so I've invested in a fair few Japanese exclusives to expand the library.

Paladin

Paladin

Valued Member
Jul 31, 2020
Cyberspace
chatbanter.com
CB$
My first handheld was a 3DS that my Dad bought for me when I was seven. I never got to experience the original Gameboy/GBA and those old handhelds. Of course, I could simply purchase one and try out the games from that generation, though I can't help but feel like it would be more authentic if I was there to witness it when it first hit the world.

Reactions:Brad P
PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Jun 27, 2020
CB$
My first handheld was a 3DS that my Dad bought for me when I was seven. I never got to experience the original Gameboy/GBA and those old handhelds. Of course, I could simply purchase one and try out the games from that generation, though I can't help but feel like it would be more authentic if I was there to witness it when it first hit the world.
While that's true, and I'm sure there'd be a a sense of "this is it?!?" for those that never played the original games, it's not like they've suddenly become bad games. I wasn't alive when the Beatles were in their prime, but it doesn't stop their music from being iconic ;)

Spikey

Spikey

Valued Member
Jul 21, 2020
CB$
I used to back in the day I had the original black and white Gameboy. I was about 8 years old then. I spent many hours playing that version of Mario.

Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
I used to back in the day I had the original black and white Gameboy. I was about 8 years old then. I spent many hours playing that version of Mario.
Oh yes the gameboy was my favourite back in the day, when pokémon was around. I used to go into school and have endless battles and made sure in the evening I was levelling up lol. I'm 32 now so that was many years ago.

Alexander

Alexander

Valued Member
Jun 17, 2020
CB$
Well, I'm not much of a handheld gamer anymore. Many years ago, I enjoyed playing Mario Kart on my 2DS, but the gaming industry has progressed then into a more modern era. The problem with mobile gaming is that I find my iPhone overheats and loses its battery life very quickly.

Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Jul 28, 2020
CB$
Everywhere I turn I see people with the Nintendo Switch. I haven't had the honor of playing games on it, but I hear it is amazing.

S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
I just borrow those handheld consoles, I never really owned one until now. I played games like Pokemon and Spiderman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.