Handheld Gaming

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #1

You know, stuff like Game Boy and it's modern equivalents. Who plays them? What do you play? What games do you play?

I frequently play handheld systems. I own a GameBoy, GameBoy Colour, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Advance SP, DS Lite, 3DS, New 3DS XL, Game Gear and a Nomad. I rotate through a few of them when the mood takes me. Each platform has some great games and I love that the older GameBoys were region free, so I've invested in a fair few Japanese exclusives to expand the library.

Paladin

Paladin

Cyberspace
chatbanter.com
My first handheld was a 3DS that my Dad bought for me when I was seven. I never got to experience the original Gameboy/GBA and those old handhelds. Of course, I could simply purchase one and try out the games from that generation, though I can't help but feel like it would be more authentic if I was there to witness it when it first hit the world.

  • Like
Reactions:Brad P

My first handheld was a 3DS that my Dad bought for me when I was seven. I never got to experience the original Gameboy/GBA and those old handhelds. Of course, I could simply purchase one and try out the games from that generation, though I can't help but feel like it would be more authentic if I was there to witness it when it first hit the world.
While that's true, and I'm sure there'd be a a sense of "this is it?!?" for those that never played the original games, it's not like they've suddenly become bad games. I wasn't alive when the Beatles were in their prime, but it doesn't stop their music from being iconic ;)

  • Like
Reactions:Brad P

I used to back in the day I had the original black and white Gameboy. I was about 8 years old then. I spent many hours playing that version of Mario.

  • Like
Reactions:Brad P
Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
I used to back in the day I had the original black and white Gameboy. I was about 8 years old then. I spent many hours playing that version of Mario.
Oh yes the gameboy was my favourite back in the day, when pokémon was around. I used to go into school and have endless battles and made sure in the evening I was levelling up lol. I'm 32 now so that was many years ago.

Alexander

Alexander

Well, I'm not much of a handheld gamer anymore. Many years ago, I enjoyed playing Mario Kart on my 2DS, but the gaming industry has progressed then into a more modern era. The problem with mobile gaming is that I find my iPhone overheats and loses its battery life very quickly.

Everywhere I turn I see people with the Nintendo Switch. I haven't had the honor of playing games on it, but I hear it is amazing.

I just borrow those handheld consoles, I never really owned one until now. I played games like Pokemon and Spiderman.