Greatest athlete of all time

ARx182

    Thread Owner : ARx182
  • #1
This is a question that is thrown around all the time, especially with the recent spotlight on Cristiano Ronaldo. There are plenty of contenders for this title; Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali and the man I've just mentioned, Cristiano Ronaldo, just to name a few. Who in your opinion is the greatest athlete of all time? Why do you think this?

I respect Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan a lot, but for me, Cristiano Ronaldo is undoubtedly the greatest athlete of all time. Never mind what he did in his prime years, the fact that he is still at the highest level of football/sport at the age of 35 is nothing short of incredible. Besides Lionel Messi, no current player has reached the Ronaldo level, and he's still going at it at the age of 35.

  • Like
Reactions:Driguez9
_B_

_B_

Website
voxgrid.net
I think it's surreal that we live in a time of both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo and watching both play. It's actually amazing.

Davidisms

Davidisms

That would be difficult to call. There is Maradona, Pele, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, Michael Johnson, Michael Phelps, Sergei Bubka, Dale Thompson, Carl Lewis, Don Bradman, Usain bolt etc. People who dominated like no other in their times.

But. My heart will be with Marrrrradooooona! :love:

Leonard

Leonard

My greatest athlete of all time has always use to be ronaldihno when he was still playing football in his based country Brazil and club FC Barcelona followed by Lionel Messi presently of FC Barcelona from Argentina

  • Like
Reactions:Driguez9

I wouldn't say one person is the best, but I could mention some are the best at certain sports. Nonetheless, I suppose one could compare the effort of people in different sports to come to a conclusion like asked in this thread.

Driguez9

Driguez9

Location
Bamenda, Cameroon
Website
www.fiverr.com
Waow... greatest athlete of all time? Too broad for me. There are too many sports, too many eras, and too many legends involved. Can't pick one.

Driguez9

Driguez9

Location
Bamenda, Cameroon
Website
www.fiverr.com
This is a question that is thrown around all the time, especially with the recent spotlight on Cristiano Ronaldo. There are plenty of contenders for this title; Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali and the man I've just mentioned, Cristiano Ronaldo, just to name a few. Who in your opinion is the greatest athlete of all time? Why do you think this?

I respect Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan a lot, but for me, Cristiano Ronaldo is undoubtedly the greatest athlete of all time. Never mind what he did in his prime years, the fact that he is still at the highest level of football/sport at the age of 35 is nothing short of incredible. Besides Lionel Messi, no current player has reached the Ronaldo level, and he's still going at it at the age of 35.
I'm such a huge CR7 fan... But I don't even consider him the Greatest footballer of all time, let alone the greatest sportsman. I think the greatest footballer of all time is King Pele! BTW I must say I think CR7 is a greater footballer than LM10. Don't get me wrong! LOL

How bout Wayne Gretzky in hockey? He was a great athlete and very talented. He is the highest goal scorer ever in the NHL with 894 goals throughout his career. Michael Jordan in basketball was really good, Babe Ruth in baseball was really good. There are so many good athletes out there it's hard to choose just one.

Davidisms

Davidisms

Too many contenders! :oops:

Dhyanchand, Maradona, Don Bradman, Usain Bolt, Roger Federer, Martina Navratilova, Michael Schumaker, Michael Johnson, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps, Jesse Owens, Sergei Bubka all dominated their times like no other. These all changed the game they played forever.