Gravity discussion

    Thread Owner : Claraviolet
  • #1

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Gravity is one of the destructive forces in this world.

It fascinates me to no end. I wish I could understand it better. I just can't really wrap my head around how it could exist without any physical medium in space. What do you guys think about gravity? Would you like to solve the mystery behind blackhole?

  • Like
Reactions:CourtneyWal
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

You have some really interesting questions! I personally like astronomy & all that it entails but it also tends to boggle my mind.

Space, astronomy, gravity etc. are all questions that I guess, cannot be answered or discovered completely. There is a big science centre in Mumbai, India where we sometimes take my son to see exhibitions etc. They have created different booths inside which similar conditions as are present on different planets have been simulated. If you stand inside the moon booth which has 0 gravity, your weight is displayed in minus kilograms, in other booths you may weight even 1200 kilos etc. it is really interesting and amusing.

Sweerie_banana

I like when we are hiking and going down the hill and my daughter and niece start singing, 'gravity'. I love how they find it so intriguing

Jeremy

Jeremy

I was thought gravity in physics during school days. I was able to understand that what goes up must surely come down. And that acceleration due to gravity when something is moving upward is positive, and when something is moving downward is negative. It is properly explained in velocity time graph.

Gravity, in my opinion is what holds the universe in place and it prevents objects from falling outside outer space. I don't see anything harmful with it.