Getting infected by covid

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

My brother in the US messaged me the other day that his son and wife are contaminated of covid. He and his daughter are also in quarantine for 14 days. His son has high fever and coughing. Good thing his wife has no symptoms yet although she was positive in the test. Their children are both adults so the risk is not that high. Their problem is in buying food and other necessities because they are not allowed to go out of their apartment.

It's a strange virus. My partner's brother in law got it and ended up in hospital but his wife who only has one kidney as she donated one of hers didn't get it. Their son who received the donated kidney and has a low immune system got it only mildly.

My next door neighbour who is in her 40s has long covid but her 18 year old daughter didn't get it and neither did her partner. Of course they could have been asymptomatic.

I am having my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow, Yay!

My brother and his wife were also tested with Covid. The day they were tested positive, they sent their two years old daughter to our sister's house so that she will be safe. They self quarantined in their apartment. Grocery, medicines, and other essentials were delivered to their apartment by our sister's husband. They had mild symptoms and after 14 days, they tested negative. However, recently a 38 years old man died of Covid in our neighborhood.

  • Sad
Reactions:sprite1950