Gaining weight is a side effect of a satisfactory life

Do you believe that title of this discussion that you become fat or fatter if you reach the level of being satisfied with your life? When I was young, I used to hear my mother said that people think we were rich simply because she was a plump woman, not really fat but almost. I was a skinny lad and when I became an adult I was slim until in my later years nearing retirement I began to gain unnecessary pounds. I admit that I am contented with my life so is that really the reason for gaining weight?

Of course, that would be possible to gain weight when you live in a satisfactory life. That means you are not running out of your basic needs and in fact you have more than sufficient in life

And there are times you eat much because of the good foods that you have. You eat more than before because no problem is bothering. Your way of life is no absence of stress and any form of depression. It's because you live satisfactorily.

It's therefore more likely that you will be eating more and more for the foods are everywhere especially on your table.

Even in our culture people who are "fat" are considered wealthy. Lean bodies are always considered to be deprived of food. I think this concept is somewhat true. When people are rich they do not have to do manual labor, when people are poor they do a lot o manual labor. If you don't believe me check a laborer in a construction site and the owner of the building project.

Even in our culture people who are "fat" are considered wealthy. Lean bodies are always considered to be deprived of food. I think this concept is somewhat true. When people are rich they do not have to do manual labor, when people are poor they do a lot o manual labor. If you don't believe me check a laborer in a construction site and the owner of the building project.
You may be generally speaking but there are also rich people who are not fat. They are conscious of their weight. They're taking care of themselves especially their health.

Anyway whether a person is poor or rich, he should be aware of his body mass index. For an overweight person is more likely to be in trouble as far as his health is concerned.

Living a satisfactory life gives you the option to gain weight because you can afford to indulge yourself if you choose to. For instance, if a person was skinny due to hardship, then becoming successful will afford them the time and money to enjoy foods and other luxuries that they previously couldn't.

However, weight gain happens when a person consumes more calories than they burn. So whether a person gains weight or not it is ultimately up to them.

You may be generally speaking but there are also rich people who are not fat. They are conscious of their weight. They're taking care of themselves especially their health.

Anyway whether a person is poor or rich, he should be aware of his body mass index. For an overweight person is more likely to be in trouble as far as his health is concerned.
I might be generalizing, but sociologically speaking, people who do manual work are working class or poor class, and those who have desk job that require mental work, are fairly well. Having sad that, I also believe being fat or thin can be also related to other factors such as metabolism, bad food habit, etc. and not just being rich or poor.

I think it's got more to do with the metabolism slowing down when we get older. When I was young I could eat what I liked and not have to count calories, now I really do have to watch what I eat. My life was a lot easier than it is now when I was carefree with no responsibilities. If anything I comfort eat now because life is more stressful. Haha.:breakfast-emoji:

Sedentary lifestyle, access to good, rich and nutritious foods is what makes us gain weight and having a satisfactory life does mean that you have all this and more. When you are too busy worrying about what to eat next or get money to buy food, you don't gain weight. Being fat might mean being well off but not necessarily so.

Back
Top