Foods to eat to relieve oneself from stress

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #1

Usually when we feel discomfort because of problems or any depressing situations, we come to take something like medicines or alternative medications.

We are not aware that there are good foods to eat to make ourselves feel relieved and comfortable.

For our information, there are 11 foods that could help in fighting stress and could develop a positive mental attitude.

They are as follows: 1. Tahini 2. Macha powder 3. Swiss chard 4. Acerola cherries 5. Kimchi 6. Artichokes 7. Garlic 8. Parsley 9. Broccoli 10. Chamomile tea 11. Blueberries

I am already used to eating chard, garlic, parsley, and broccoli. What about you?

I eat none of these foods you have mentioned except perhaps garlic, but it is a part of our daily diet and I don't eat it specifically to alleviate stress. When I am stressed or feeling depressed, I usually like to eat peanuts, either raw peanuts with a little jaggery or simply roasted peanuts. That works for me usually.

  • Like
Reactions:Nocturnal Thinker
    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #3

I eat none of these foods you have mentioned except perhaps garlic, but it is a part of our daily diet and I don't eat it specifically to alleviate stress. When I am stressed or feeling depressed, I usually like to eat peanuts, either raw peanuts with a little jaggery or simply roasted peanuts. That works for me usually.
Those foods shouldn't be eaten solely or purely as they are. They are to be mixed as spices. Just like the garlic, it is used to add flavor or aroma to the foods. It makes them savory, delicious or appetizing.

For parsley, it's being chopped and is used in salads, in soups or in tomato sauce. Its stalks are used to add flavor to stews and stocks. Its leaves which are mixed with butter are used to glaze vegetables or place over the cooked fish.

And broccoli is used in cooking beef or in pork. It's being steamed just to make it crispy and it's mixed in beef or pork meals.

Those are the three veggies that I used to eat

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

Those foods shouldn't be eaten solely or purely as they are. They are to be mixed as spices. Just like the garlic, it is used to add flavor or aroma to the foods. It makes them savory, delicious or appetizing.

For parsley, it's being chopped and is used in salads, in soups or in tomato sauce. Its stalks are used to add flavor to stews and stocks. Its leaves which are mixed with butter are used to glaze vegetables or place over the cooked fish.

And broccoli is used in cooking beef or in pork. It's being steamed just to make it crispy and it's mixed in beef or pork meals.

Those are the three veggies that I used to eat
Of course I know that these foods are to be prepared with other ingredients and then eaten, but except for broccoli, parsley and garlic, the other foods are not that common in India, we can get them only in special supermarkets and then those are too expensive.

I don't have the so called comfort foods because I am confident that I can handle stress and even mild depression. When I feel so stressed out, I drink a can of beer while watching tv. I do that usually after dinner so what follows next is the bedtime. My wife has the penchant for comfort food and I think that is the reason why she is overweight by more than 20 pounds. That's also what I see in some of our friends who binge on food when they have a problem.

I am not sure whether foods actually work on managing/controlling your stress. I have read a lot of articles on the topics, even from the health care providers. However, I have never felt any difference. The only think that has worked to manage my stress is lavender essential oils and meditation.

  • Like
Reactions:Floydy
    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #8

I am not sure whether foods actually work on managing/controlling your stress. I have read a lot of articles on the topics, even from the health care providers. However, I have never felt any difference. The only think that has worked to manage my stress is lavender essential oils and meditation.
You see the food you eat may affect your mood. It may make or unmake you.

People who are under stress may consume more foods or may lose their appetite.

But there are some foods that have therapeutic effect to one's illness.