Folklore that may be true sometimes

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

One popular folklore that is internationally known is the wishing well. It is obvious that the wishing well is only for fun and not really for superstitious belief. But I have read about wishes that came true, not ordinary but big wishes like winning the lotto jackpot or getting married to a celebrity. I admit that I sometimes toss a coin on a wishing well especially when I travel abroad. I have some wishes that came true but I cannot say they are big deal wishes.

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #2

In another forum I have posted about the wishing tree. I got to know just a few years ago that an old tree with a hole in the main trunk has spirit living inside it. When you make a wish that spirit will work for your wish to come true. Just for fun I did that 3 times in 3 different trees. Guess what? 2 of my wishes came true although that's no big deal to me because it is not easy to believe for others who do not know me well.