• Welcome to The Community

UFC First fight card of UFC for 2021

Alexandoy

UFC is having their first fight card in the Yas Island (aka Fight Island) on January 16 (US date) starting at 3 pm. Yeah, it is an early fight with live coverage in ABC, the new media partner of UFC. The main card will be former featherweight champion Max Holloway vs Calvin Kattar who is no pushover and would probably give Holloway a hard time. Let's wait for more details.

Hova

Loyalist
Let me add that to my calendar right now. I know everybody is coming from holiday and may have added a lil' bit of weight. I just hope they will be able to give us a good performance.

Alexandoy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The live coverage of the Holloway-Kattar fight card is out of synch in our time zone. It will be starting at 3 am here, oh, I don't think I would be awake by that time. I still have to check on Fox sports if there is a replay in the afternoon or at night. UFC said that they had changed the time of the fights to be earlier in the day.

Hova

Loyalist
I hope I will be able to catch the fight. Last year we had few fights that are worth talking about. So 2021 needs to be the exact opposite.

Alexandoy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is surprising that UFC is having another fight card on Jan 20, yes, that's a Wednesday which is a few days after the Holloway-Kattar fight card on Saturday. The main even is a welterweight fight between Micheal Chiesa and Neil Magney. There is a total of 12 fights on the card but no details have been posted yet on their website. It is interesting that UFC is having fights too often.