Fighting off the fear of flying

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

My first plane ride was an 18-hour trip with 3 stop over. For a first-timer, my nerves were really blown off that I was wondering how I would go back home after 4 months of working in London. To be honest, I was almost a nervous wreck just on the first stop over in Karachi. I was sharing when the plane took off again for Rome. Maybe that long haul taught me a lesson how not to be afraid of flying. But until now that we were often traveling abroad I sometimes get dizzy when the plane takes off.

How I wish I could overcome my fear of flying. In my present age of 69, I have been playing in a plane even if it is domestic flight. I have boarded on a plane when I accompanied my 5-year old youngest son who joined the educational tour of their school. They visited the stations of different types of transportation.

My two daughters had overcome their fear flying when they worked abroad. They're flying out and in the country and after their employment abroad contact ended they went home and established a business of their own. They're no longer planning to word abroad anymore.

I haven't been abroad yet, so I don't know if I have the fear of flying. It would be very disadvantageous if I have that. I hope not, since it would be very unsettling.