Fermented fruit juice

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

This is new to me which I saw on the morning tv show. Fermented fruit juice is a type of fertilizer that is home made. The ingredients are fruits and molasses or brown sugar. The preparation is simple - cut the edible part of the fruits and place it in a container before applying brown sugar as topping. Cover the container with cloth or newspaper to let some air inside the container. After a week there will be fluid that smells like alcoholic but sweet. That fluid is the FFJ - fermented fruit juice that can be sprayed to the trees and plants for better quality of harvest.

This information is very new to me, I wonder if I would like it, but as long as it's sweet then I would consume it. It seems like a lot of work to make though.

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #3

I have harvested the fermentation liquid and did my first spraying on my strawberry plants. I am hoping that what I learned was accurate that the plants and trees when sprayed with the fermented fruit juice will bear more fruits with a higher quality. But there is a downside because the pests might feed on the plants that were sprayed so I have to make an organic pest repellent.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

I have seen videos of a similar thing, even my niece made it a few days back. It is called bioenzyme made using citrus fruit peels, with a little bit of jaggery (or molasses for those who cannot find it) and yeast to catalyse the fermentation process. This is all mixed with water and kept for a month, each day loosen the lid to let out the gas that builds up. The bioenzyme that is produced is used as disinfectant cleaners, fertilizers for plants etc. I am yet to try it myself. But your way also sounds quite easy and I might try that first. I just have a query, is there a specific proportion of fruits and sugar or just use approximate quantities?

Jeremy

Jeremy

Have know this since school days. But am really confused now, the ones we did back then was used to control weeds. Now am surprised it can enhance plant growth.

Have know this since school days. But am really confused now, the ones we did back then was used to control weeds. Now am surprised it can enhance plant growth.
How did you do it back then? How did you prepare the juice and used what kind of fruits?