Fasting

Duks

I've watched plenty of videos on fasting, particularly intermittent fasting, as I'm usually very interested in topics to do with healthy living. From what I've found, it seems to have great health benefits, including slowing down the effects of ageing. Do you practice any form of fasting? If so, have you experienced some benefits as a result?

Fasting is very effective in losing 2 to 3 pounds in 2 days. Try to avoid eating anything in 2 days and that is what you will lose - 2 to 3 pounds. However, that 2 pounds would easily come back if you would be eating on the 3rd day with your usual food volume. Fasting should be continuous to maintain the reduction of weight. There is OMAD which so many find effective. OMAD is one meal a day and it is up to you what time you will take that meal.

Long before the fad about fasting went viral on the internet and people began talking about different methods of fasting including intermittent fasting, I was already fasting. I fast for two reasons: one, it is religiously sanctioned; two, it has health benefits. Most of the world religions give high importance to fasting to cleanse your soul. Ayurveda, which is very popular in my home country, recommends fasting to detox and cure various diseases.