Even after the vaccine we are still advised to wear face mask

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

It makes me wonder why WHO is saying that we still have to wear a face mask even when we are already vaccinated. Just to be sure of our safety, they said. Does that mean the vaccine is not that effective or are they really trying to scare us? Maybe they want us to buy face mask.

I think it makes sense as from listening to the news I hear that we will not be protected for at leat 14 days after the shot and they are not sure whether we can pass it on to others once we are vaccinated. I've never minded wearing a mask as it makes me feel safer. If ever I have seen someone not wearing a mask in a shop I always steer clear of them.

As long as there is Covid-19, I don't think I would stop wearing face masks, since there is nothing wrong with practicing extra caution and wearing it even if I already have vaccine.

To be 100% sure that a vaccine works perfectly well without causing any harm or side effects, it has to be tried and tested numerous times, but seeing how we are running out of time where Covid-19 is concerned, there was no sufficient time to undergo numerous trials until satisfactory results were produced. So I think it is prudent that we keep wearing masks as a prevention when out in public.

You're most likely correct why the WHO still requires the people to wear mask. It is because for business.

I may or may not right for wearing is safe way of avoiding contamination of the deadly virus.

The vaccine came in haste. There have not been enough trials. There are two reasons for this haste to produce vaccine: the greed to make money, and to control the pandemic. Since there are not enough trials, we don't know whether the vaccines will actually work. In small sampling, it has shown to work, but we do not know if it will work n the mass. Generally, it takes 10 years to bring the vaccine but this time it came in less than a year.

The vaccine came in haste. There have not been enough trials. There are two reasons for this haste to produce vaccine: the greed to make money, and to control the pandemic. Since there are not enough trials, we don't know whether the vaccines will actually work. In small sampling, it has shown to work, but we do not know if it will work n the mass. Generally, it takes 10 years to bring the vaccine but this time it came in less than a year.
I honestly think the main reason is to rid ourselves of the pandemic and stop the thousands of people who are dying. More than 100,000 here have lost their lives. Research is showing that since the vaccination programme began in the UK infections are decreasing in the older generation but increasing in the young. This is possibly because of the 8 million people in the upper age groups who have received their vaccination. If there were any significant problems the programme would be stopped.

I honestly think the main reason is to rid ourselves of the pandemic and stop the thousands of people who are dying. More than 100,000 here have lost their lives. Research is showing that since the vaccination programme began in the UK infections are decreasing in the older generation but increasing in the young. This is possibly because of the 8 million people in the upper age groups who have received their vaccination. If there were any significant problems the programme would be stopped.
I agree with your viewpoint. Since the virus was spreading quickly and there was no way to contain the virus except to develop the vaccine, pharmaceutical companies hurried to develop vaccines. It takes years of research and years of trials before a vaccine is released for public use. However, nothing sort of happened this time. That's the reason why a lot of people are skeptical. However, I am not one of them. The vaccination program has started in my country and in the first phase, the hearth workers are getting the jabs.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950