Enough sleep and ample rest for long life

There was a radio announcer named Dely whose usual advice is enough sleep and enough rest. She was advocating a long life even if she was not being choosy with food although her style in eating is moderation. I was a listener of her program when I would be awake at that hour before midnight. She passed away when she was more than 90. Now I always remember the ample rest especially when I feel exhausted from physical activity.

Sleep is very for everyone. In sleeping, the body works perfectly while the person is sleeping soundly. These works may include cells restoration, repair, among others. The heart does resting too of exhausting while the person awake and doing his daily chores.

The quality of sleep depends on how sound the person is sleeping though it is required to sleep a minimum of 8 hours. But there people who sleep less than 8 hours but are feeling good. So it's important to have a quality of sleep.

When people sleep everything in their body rejuvenating and his calories are also burning as I have read it but not much in workout.

Here is something that I saw on Pinterest and I thought I should share with you guys.
5aeb7a49d811dcee7a7ac72b00d2bc64.jpg

Photo Courtesy: Pinterest (Shell-a-rama)

I would say that the quality of sleep matters more than the duration of sleep. People can spend hours in bed tossing around with some light sleep and still wake up feeling low and exhausted. On the contrary, a sound deep sleep of 5-6 hours is enough to rejuvenate our body, mind and soul.

That is a good point because I would be sleeping for 8 hours but I would wake up feeling tired. That was the time when I was a computer programmer. Maybe my mind was working even when I was asleep which means the quality of sleep was not desirable. Now if I have a good sleep even for only 6 hours I would not feel drowsy or sleepy throughout the daytime because my sleep on the previous night was quality sleep.

I guess quality of sleep matters more than length of sleep. You can sleep for 8-9 hours and still wake up tired and exhausted. Some people can sleep for just 5-6 hours but the sleep is very deep and they wake up fully refreshed and rejuvenated.

I guess quality of sleep matters more than length of sleep. You can sleep for 8-9 hours and still wake up tired and exhausted. Some people can sleep for just 5-6 hours but the sleep is very deep and they wake up fully refreshed and rejuvenated.
That right there is a paradox. You sleep too much or too little and you wake up even more tired than you went to bed. You just need to time it well.

Back
Top