Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Does having nuclear capabilities mean that the country is evil?

I felt like posting this after reading a comment from one of our friends here. There are several countries in this world who possess nuclear capabilities and out of them, few like Pakistan, Iran, China, N. Korea keep threatening others with those nuclear weapons. However, other countries like Japan, India also have nuclear capabilities but use them for their own power supply and never threaten others with them. So is it fair to suggest that just because India has nuclear knowhow, it is still evil? Some might be offended by this, but I am more offended with this suggestion when the world knows that India has never attacked others in thousands years of her history!

Nuclear power has the good and bad use of it. First let's determine the good uses of nuclear power. It has been said that radioisotopes, nuclear power process heat and non-stationary power reactors to.be used to bring about consumer products, food and agriculture, industry, medicine and scientific research, transport, and water resources and the environment. And it generates electricity.

And the bad effects of nuclear energy are too expensive to maintain it, dangerous to environment, danger of radioactive waste, security threat and very limited fuel supply.

So what we have actually in mind is the security threat so once a country has a nuclear power it could fight back other countries too in case of war. Would it be possible?

With countries like North Korea firing missiles every now and overhead Japan and threatening South Korea with nuclear attacks every now and then, China posing a constant threat to South Asian countries, their continuous attempts to swallow up small countries and claiming Indian territories as their own, it is pertinent that India have its own nuclear capabilities should the need arise. India, as a country has never acted offensively towards any other countries in its thousands of years of history, it has acted only in defense. So I guess, in uncertain times like this, it is inevitable but does not mean that it is evil.

If I were the leader of a country then I would also opt to have nuclear weapons not really for the offensive but more for the defensive. It is like going to the olden West with the cowboys in the saloon where all the customers are armed with pistols. If one unarmed would enter the bar then he would be an outcast and probably would be harassed by some underlings there. In other words, a gun for a gun does not mean that you will shoot people. It is a defense to show the other countries that you can hit them if they hit you.

No, just because they have those kind of weapons it doesn't mean that the country is evil. They only become evil when they start or intend to use it to terrorize other countries.

I love that you guys chose to create this thread because of my comment. My sentiments were not directed at the civilians like you and me. My problem is with the governments that have these capabilities. We are all for green energy and the protection of mother earth and her children. Chernobyl is one good example of why no human being should be allowed to even think about nuclear power. Do you guys know what the biological effects of radiation are? Have you guys ever wondered why only a few countries have Nukes? Most people think that you need to have a ton of money in order to have nuclear capabilities. That is not true, and North Korea is your proof. I'm going to ask this question again, Why do you need nukes if you are not planning on using them?

I love that you guys chose to create this thread because of my comment. My sentiments were not directed at the civilians like you and me. My problem is with the governments that have these capabilities. We are all for green energy and the protection of mother earth and her children. Chernobyl is one good example of why no human being should be allowed to even think about nuclear power. Do you guys know what the biological effects of radiation are? Have you guys ever wondered why only a few countries have Nukes? Most people think that you need to have a ton of money in order to have nuclear capabilities. That is not true, and North Korea is your proof. I'm going to ask this question again, Why do you need nukes if you are not planning on using them?
I did post this thread in response to your post Hova! ? And your sentiments are indeed sincere and noteworthy. However, the way I feel about it and the way things are going on currently in the world, if you are to keep yourself safe, certain things are necessary and crucial which includes nuclear capabilities. You have named N. Korea as one example, we all know how they survive in this world, manufacturing fake medicines, growing cocaine, keeping their own citizens addicted to cheap drugs and cocaine so they can never rise up as a threat and keep them deprived forever, etc. but does it mean that this will last forever or as long as the likes of kim Jong Un keep ruling them? It is bound to end one day and then the threat will spill over to S. Korea, Japan, and other neighbouring countries. China is growing threat not only in South East Asia and South China Sea, but it already taken over a few African countries by giving them unrepayable debts. India's good old neighbour Pakistan also has nuclear capabilities, and their ministers keep making threats of using them against India, every other day. So each country will naturally look out for their own interests and just having nuclear capabilities will keep the miscreants in line.

[...]

I am most afraid of China because they have the resources and I think its huge land and huge number of people will be hard to beat if there will be a war against them. And I am afraid because of their style of using their resources to grab some properties of foreign countries. China gave us a loan for our infrastructure project and recently there is news that 35% of the workers in the project are Chinese. It is like we are being fried in our own cooking oil. It is scary to think that our president is so friendly with Xi Jin Ping of China so we are like being twisted by the arm sooner or later.

I am most afraid of China because they have the resources and I think its huge land and huge number of people will be hard to beat if there will be a war against them. And I am afraid because of their style of using their resources to grab some properties of foreign countries. China gave us a loan for our infrastructure project and recently there is news that 35% of the workers in the project are Chinese. It is like we are being fried in our own cooking oil. It is scary to think that our president is so friendly with Xi Jin Ping of China so we are like being twisted by the arm sooner or later.
Exactly what I want to say! Chine is nothing but a big bully who has least regard or respect for property of other countries. They also have no ethics or moral;s of any kind and will stop at nothing to expand their territories. It is not just in your country but even in Pakistan, Bangladesh , Sri Lanka they have sent large amounts of Chinese to work as labourers but I am afraid that they mean to do more than just work. It is so many months now that they are engaged in skirmishes at our borders, laying claim on what does not belong to them.

All I know is, a war is imminent. A war that is going to wipe half the races of men. When this shall come to pass, then we will all curse the day we invented nukes in the name of defence and protection.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in