Does having nuclear capabilities mean that the country is evil?

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
I felt like posting this after reading a comment from one of our friends here. There are several countries in this world who possess nuclear capabilities and out of them, few like Pakistan, Iran, China, N. Korea keep threatening others with those nuclear weapons. However, other countries like Japan, India also have nuclear capabilities but use them for their own power supply and never threaten others with them. So is it fair to suggest that just because India has nuclear knowhow, it is still evil? Some might be offended by this, but I am more offended with this suggestion when the world knows that India has never attacked others in thousands years of her history!

Nocturnal Thinker

Experienced Chatterer
Nuclear power has the good and bad use of it. First let's determine the good uses of nuclear power. It has been said that radioisotopes, nuclear power process heat and non-stationary power reactors to.be used to bring about consumer products, food and agriculture, industry, medicine and scientific research, transport, and water resources and the environment. And it generates electricity.

And the bad effects of nuclear energy are too expensive to maintain it, dangerous to environment, danger of radioactive waste, security threat and very limited fuel supply.

So what we have actually in mind is the security threat so once a country has a nuclear power it could fight back other countries too in case of war. Would it be possible?

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
With countries like North Korea firing missiles every now and overhead Japan and threatening South Korea with nuclear attacks every now and then, China posing a constant threat to South Asian countries, their continuous attempts to swallow up small countries and claiming Indian territories as their own, it is pertinent that India have its own nuclear capabilities should the need arise. India, as a country has never acted offensively towards any other countries in its thousands of years of history, it has acted only in defense. So I guess, in uncertain times like this, it is inevitable but does not mean that it is evil.

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
If I were the leader of a country then I would also opt to have nuclear weapons not really for the offensive but more for the defensive. It is like going to the olden West with the cowboys in the saloon where all the customers are armed with pistols. If one unarmed would enter the bar then he would be an outcast and probably would be harassed by some underlings there. In other words, a gun for a gun does not mean that you will shoot people. It is a defense to show the other countries that you can hit them if they hit you.

sliara

Experienced Chatterer
No, just because they have those kind of weapons it doesn't mean that the country is evil. They only become evil when they start or intend to use it to terrorize other countries.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
I love that you guys chose to create this thread because of my comment. My sentiments were not directed at the civilians like you and me. My problem is with the governments that have these capabilities. We are all for green energy and the protection of mother earth and her children. Chernobyl is one good example of why no human being should be allowed to even think about nuclear power. Do you guys know what the biological effects of radiation are? Have you guys ever wondered why only a few countries have Nukes? Most people think that you need to have a ton of money in order to have nuclear capabilities. That is not true, and North Korea is your proof. I'm going to ask this question again, Why do you need nukes if you are not planning on using them?

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
I love that you guys chose to create this thread because of my comment. My sentiments were not directed at the civilians like you and me. My problem is with the governments that have these capabilities. We are all for green energy and the protection of mother earth and her children. Chernobyl is one good example of why no human being should be allowed to even think about nuclear power. Do you guys know what the biological effects of radiation are? Have you guys ever wondered why only a few countries have Nukes? Most people think that you need to have a ton of money in order to have nuclear capabilities. That is not true, and North Korea is your proof. I'm going to ask this question again, Why do you need nukes if you are not planning on using them?
I did post this thread in response to your post Hova! 🙂 And your sentiments are indeed sincere and noteworthy. However, the way I feel about it and the way things are going on currently in the world, if you are to keep yourself safe, certain things are necessary and crucial which includes nuclear capabilities. You have named N. Korea as one example, we all know how they survive in this world, manufacturing fake medicines, growing cocaine, keeping their own citizens addicted to cheap drugs and cocaine so they can never rise up as a threat and keep them deprived forever, etc. but does it mean that this will last forever or as long as the likes of kim Jong Un keep ruling them? It is bound to end one day and then the threat will spill over to S. Korea, Japan, and other neighbouring countries. China is growing threat not only in South East Asia and South China Sea, but it already taken over a few African countries by giving them unrepayable debts. India's good old neighbour Pakistan also has nuclear capabilities, and their ministers keep making threats of using them against India, every other day. So each country will naturally look out for their own interests and just having nuclear capabilities will keep the miscreants in line.

[...]

I am most afraid of China because they have the resources and I think its huge land and huge number of people will be hard to beat if there will be a war against them. And I am afraid because of their style of using their resources to grab some properties of foreign countries. China gave us a loan for our infrastructure project and recently there is news that 35% of the workers in the project are Chinese. It is like we are being fried in our own cooking oil. It is scary to think that our president is so friendly with Xi Jin Ping of China so we are like being twisted by the arm sooner or later.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
I am most afraid of China because they have the resources and I think its huge land and huge number of people will be hard to beat if there will be a war against them. And I am afraid because of their style of using their resources to grab some properties of foreign countries. China gave us a loan for our infrastructure project and recently there is news that 35% of the workers in the project are Chinese. It is like we are being fried in our own cooking oil. It is scary to think that our president is so friendly with Xi Jin Ping of China so we are like being twisted by the arm sooner or later.
Exactly what I want to say! Chine is nothing but a big bully who has least regard or respect for property of other countries. They also have no ethics or moral;s of any kind and will stop at nothing to expand their territories. It is not just in your country but even in Pakistan, Bangladesh , Sri Lanka they have sent large amounts of Chinese to work as labourers but I am afraid that they mean to do more than just work. It is so many months now that they are engaged in skirmishes at our borders, laying claim on what does not belong to them.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
All I know is, a war is imminent. A war that is going to wipe half the races of men. When this shall come to pass, then we will all curse the day we invented nukes in the name of defence and protection.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
All I know is, a war is imminent. A war that is going to wipe half the races of men. When this shall come to pass, then we will all curse the day we invented nukes in the name of defence and protection.
Wars happened and large numbers of mankind were wiped out even when there were no nuclear capabilities. Look around now , see what is happening. Teachers being beheaded for a simple reason, properties being burned, women murdered all in return for granting you refuge and livelihood. Extremism of all sorts is rising. Aggressive countries entering your borders illegally each day claiming it as their own. How can one not arm themselves then?

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
Exactly what I want to say! Chine is nothing but a big bully who has least regard or respect for property of other countries. They also have no ethics or moral;s of any kind and will stop at nothing to expand their territories. It is not just in your country but even in Pakistan, Bangladesh , Sri Lanka they have sent large amounts of Chinese to work as labourers but I am afraid that they mean to do more than just work. It is so many months now that they are engaged in skirmishes at our borders, laying claim on what does not belong to them.
Do you know that there are thousands of Chinese who have retired in our country? We have a retirement program for foreigners who can afford to spend the required amount for their accommodation and needs for living. However the anomaly is this - most of the Chinese are only 35 years old and they claim to have retired from working in China. Isn't that outrageous? Now that issue is being investigated because those young retirees are suspected to be working here in our country. That means they are not retirees.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
Wars happened and large numbers of mankind were wiped out even when there were no nuclear capabilities. Look around now , see what is happening. Teachers being beheaded for a simple reason, properties being burned, women murdered all in return for granting you refuge and livelihood. Extremism of all sorts is rising. Aggressive countries entering your borders illegally each day claiming it as their own. How can one not arm themselves then?
What we have already experienced is nothing compared to what the future holds for us. Most people have chosen to embrace these weapons, and a huge percentage is even proud. Sitting on the other side of the table, are people like me who know the truth. The truth is very clear if you choose to open your eyes. Evil has always existed on this earth. We don't need more evil to justify other evils! That is the opposite of why our Father put us here. They are called weapons of mass destruction for a REASON!!!

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
It is called modern colonialism. The Chinese are everywhere. There is a lot of Chinese mixed kids in my country. They came to build roads and they decided to stay. Now they are even selling street foods and have even opened kiosks to sell vegetables and fruits in our local markets. Those that have huge businesses treat native employees like slaves. There was a video that went viral of a Chinese man telling his black employee to lie down and proceeded to beat him with a whip.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
It is called modern colonialism. The Chinese are everywhere. There is a lot of Chinese mixed kids in my country. They came to build roads and they decided to stay. Now they are even selling street foods and have even opened kiosks to sell vegetables and fruits in our local markets. Those that have huge businesses treat native employees like slaves. There was a video that went viral of a Chinese man telling his black employee to lie down and proceeded to beat him with a whip.
And that is why all countries affected by Chinese malaise must unite and defend against their aggression. That open aggression and the Coronavirus that they unleashed upon the world is the reason why millions died, lost jobs and are now destined to go hungry this winter. They must pay for all these and they must be tried as criminal in the ICJ.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
And that is why all countries affected by Chinese malaise must unite and defend against their aggression. That open aggression and the Coronavirus that they unleashed upon the world is the reason why millions died, lost jobs and are now destined to go hungry this winter. They must pay for all these and they must be tried as criminal in the ICJ.
I am not going to comment on the origin of coronavirus because I don't have enough information concerning the matter. The rate at which the Chinese are gaining power is worrying. It kind of reminds me of how the UK used to rule almost three-quarters of the entire globe. Action needs to be taken right now, lest we suffer again at the hands of foreigners like our ancestors did.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
I am not going to comment on the origin of coronavirus because I don't have enough information concerning the matter. The rate at which the Chinese are gaining power is worrying. It kind of reminds me of how the UK used to rule almost three-quarters of the entire globe. Action needs to be taken right now, lest we suffer again at the hands of foreigners like our ancestors did.
The origins of Coronavirus are perfectly clear as has been explicitly admitted by a few Chinese themselves. Anyway, that is besides the point for now. As regards facing the increasing Chinese threat, India has already joined hands with Japan, Australia, America etc. as wellas France who is doing their best to supply India with Rafaels much before agreed dates . But the quad needs support from more countries and I believe that Vietnam, Cambodia, S. Korea etc. will do so when actual time comes. I am not sure what is the stand of Philippines at this moment in this regard.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
I really don't know what we are going to do about the loans we have taken from China. From the looks of things, these loans are not going to be paid on time. Civilians in most countries are worried about this matter.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
I really don't know what we are going to do about the loans we have taken from China. From the looks of things, these loans are not going to be paid on time. Civilians in most countries are worried about this matter.
It is really so unfortunate that the people from the countries who took such enormous loans from China are the ones that will have to pay and not the few government officials and leaders who approved of that loan. Which country are you from?

Top