I have been using Auto Ads on my discussion board, but I've found they can be quite intrusive & excessive to our members. So, I've decided to disable the use of them and switch to manual. Don't get me wrong, it'll take some time to set up, but I'm thinking it'll be worth it. It's finding the right balance so members won't leave the forum.

    Thread Owner : Games
  • #3
Games

kodibeginner.com
I have been using Auto Ads on my discussion board, but I've found they can be quite intrusive & excessive to our members. So, I've decided to disable the use of them and switch to manual. Don't get me wrong, it'll take some time to set up, but I'm thinking it'll be worth it. It's finding the right balance so members won't leave the forum.

Why do you think they are intrusive?
Did you get complains from the members of your discussion board?

Real hero hidden in the darkness
I do use Adsense auto ads. So far in about 7 years I made 72 USD and I was about to give up.
Then I tried something new like a header ad.

It's kinda big but still it made the views spike up. I am not sure how much of that will be valid according to Adsense. From what I have observed estimated earnings are 0.5 USD a day now.
I will have to check the actual earnings in 2-3 days.

    Thread Owner : Games
  • #5
Games

Games

kodibeginner.com
I do use Adsense auto ads. So far in about 7 years I made 72 USD and I was about to give up.
Then I tried something new like a header ad.

It's kinda big but still it made the views spike up. I am not sure how much of that will be valid according to Adsense. From what I have observed estimated earnings are 0.5 USD a day now.
I will have to check the actual earnings in 2-3 days.

Good luck, I hope that your earnings will increase :D

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Good luck, I hope that your earnings will increase :D
Thank you for that. I got 5 USD for the last month. I suppose it's better than nothing at this point.
I just wish I don't have to spend anything extra for maintaining the website. Spending so much for hosting and domain renewals can be hard to explain.
My family wants me to give up on it but I just can't. Hopefully this header ad will cover those expenses a bit.

  • Like
Reactions:Games

I use Auto ads, however, I am not a fan of this ad format because sometimes ads are being displayed in the place where I don't want them, and sometimes they are not being displayed don the places where I actually want them. This is a publisher's point of view. However, I don't know how my visitors see the ads

    Thread Owner : Games
  • #8
Games

Games

kodibeginner.com
I use Auto ads, however, I am not a fan of this ad format because sometimes ads are being displayed in the place where I don't want them, and sometimes they are not being displayed don the places where I actually want them. This is a publisher's point of view. However, I don't know how my visitors see the ads

To my opinion Google is doing an excellent job with the placement of the ads, but if you don't like it you can always put them manually.

To my opinion Google is doing an excellent job with the placement of the ads, but if you don't like it you can always put them manually.
Yes, google tries to find the best place for your ads, so that the ads get the best attention and increase the chances of clicks (genuine of course). However, sometimes auto ads can be intrunsive. For example, I am not a fan of using ads on the header. The first thing I want my visitor to see is my logo and brand name. However, when you use auto ads, that place will be taken over by ads.

I haven't used it yet, but I do know that it's a good way to earn money when you have a website. I do know that you can earn also on Youtube passively, but I think that it's a bit of a slow earner though.