Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Do you take Vitamins C and D?

Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
A 79'-year old Dr. Anthony Fauci, an American physician and an expert in infectious diseases are using food supplements like vitamins C and D. He is recommending these vitamins especially to the senior citizens.

He said not all vitamins are useful or effective in boosting one's immune system. He only suggested two vital vitamins: C and D.

If a person is deficient with vitamin D, he is susceptible to infection. It has been found out that those who are taking the vitamin have a lower risk of vital respiratory tract infections.

Dr. Fauci said vitamin C is a "good antioxidants". It has a good immune defense. It supports various cellular functions.

Thus, Dr. Fauci expressed reluctance to use any concoction and herbals.

Will you follow the suggestion of Dr. Fauci?

M

Mildredtabitha

Valued Member
Jul 29, 2020
CB$
I think there are other sources like sunshine and food rich in these vitamins .

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
Most of my grade school classmates are into vitamin pills and syrup and some are into herbal supplements. They say that old bodies like ours need vitamins unlike the young ones who can live healthy with just the regular food. For me, I would like to be natural so I eat and drink the vitamins. My usual morning drink is orange juice alternating with milk chocolate. Banana and other fruits are also in my diet at least twice a week. The exercise is also important so I am confident that I do not need vitamin that are bought in the bottle.

S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
I'm always open to new ideas, and I will try other ways to be healthy, so as long as there are no other side effects then I would be open to it.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
Vitamins help to nourished the body and taking it makes the body to glow. Also early morning sun shine is an alternative for vitamin D.

Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
Vitamins help to nourished the body and taking it makes the body to glow. Also early morning sun shine is an alternative for vitamin D.
Yes that's right. You restated it the importance of taking vitamins and where to get them naturally.

Vitamins are food supplements. People especially the elderly should take them for the foods they eat are deficient of the essential vitamins which their body needs.

Do you take vitamins too? I take vitamin C everyday and walk outside under the sun everyday too.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
Well, I am not a fan of taking supplements. Unless I am diagnosed with a deficiency of any vitamin or minerals and prescribed by a doctor, I will never take supplements myself, even the common supplements like Vitamin C and Vitamin D. I prefer to take vitamins and minerals through natural foods. For example, you can drink lemon water to supplement Vitamin C and shrimp to get more D vitamin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.