Do you take food supplements?

Duks

Many people usually take dietary supplements to get nutrients that they may not get enough of from food. Personally, I rely entirely on food to fulfil my dietary needs. How about you?

Ever since I was young I hated taking pills or syrup for vitamins. I would rather take them in a natural way by the food or by the drink. With food supplement I see it as synthetic or processed so I don't believe in that. If you eat good food and you have regular exercise then that would be enough to be considered healthy. There is no need for supplements that might only give you problems later on.

  • Like
Reactions:Gibby

Unless recommended by a doctor due to nutrient deficiency, I don't take dietary supplements. The last dietary supplement that I took was Vitamin D. I was diagnosed with acute Vitamin D deficiency, therefore, I had to take vitamin D tablets. In normal conditions, I do not take dietary supplements. I believe we should take required minerals and vitamins from the food we eat, instead of relying on dietary supplements.

Gibby

Gibby

dont take any , no

  • Agree
Reactions:Jay
prake

prake

I am lucky that I get some fresh vegetables included in my daily diet. So a big no to supplements from me.

  • Like
Reactions:Jay

jaminhealth

I started doing my research in my 50's and starting supplementing then. These have kept me healthy and at 83 take no big gun pharma drugs...don't get sick not even colds.

Many would be alive today if their Vit D levels were sufficient, I'm talking the covid saga.

  • Like
Reactions:Webster

jaminhealth

No, studies have shown most people do not need supplements.

I don't know what studies reported this, maybe pharma industry. They need sick people.

Gibby

Gibby

I don't know what studies reported this, maybe pharma industry. They need sick people.
the people that are in the supplements industry dont do too bad either