Do You Still Have A Job This Covid Season?

Thread Owner : sliara
S

sliara

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I'm self-employed, I'm working at home, but thankfully I get by since I live with my parents. Getting a job this Covid season is hard because of the virus still existing, but I know after some time it will also pass, like SARS. How about you? How are you holding up?

Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
It's good for you that you work at home, earn while working at home. You have such kind of guts to do it unlike others they're lazy. They become miserable by depending upon the government financial aid.

I'm proud for those who have been jobless but yet they come up with a business online and become successful. How they do it? Well, it's their will to succeed by overcoming barriers in life. With strong faith, that God has helped them as they help themselves. In short, they're self-reliant.

I said it's good for you for you're self-employed but what the others. How can they ever survive if they remain as unproductive?

Thread Owner : sliara
S

sliara

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Well I guess that's their problem already if they remain unproductive, their lives would suffer and if they can't lean on anyone then I wonder how could they survive.

fantanoice

fantanoice

Valued Member
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
CB$
Yes. In fact I left my old job and started a new one while in lockdown.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I have retired 3 years ago but when the lockdown was declared in March we were in panic because my wife's job may be in jeopardy. Fortunately their office allowed them to work from home for a month. After that she again went to the office everyday for the usual performance of her job. She is the breadwinner in the family and it really scared us. Fortunately their company is earning pretty good that it did not resort to retrenching employees. Hopefully she will still get her Christmas bonus this year.

Anuj Dhawan

Anuj Dhawan

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Most of us in our company still have jobs, however, there had been no increment and promotions. IT, I believe, is mostly functioning well in most part of the world, however jobs which require one to be in office in person have seen substantial set-backs. This is painful to see, indeed.

S

Sweerie_banana

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Most of us in our company still have jobs, however, there had been no increment and promotions. IT, I believe, is mostly functioning well in most part of the world, however jobs which require one to be in office in person have seen substantial set-backs. This is painful to see, indeed.
Yes I agree the career path that we chose plays such a huge roll. I really hated being a chef during this pandemic. I have closed the shop and I am home trying to figure out what to do. I am not lazy just disoriented. I want to do something that would give me plenty of money so that I can sustain myself. I had heard of a job offer, but unfortunately it hasn't come through yet. I hate being a burden to people around me.

Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
CB$
I work for a builders merchant so I'm okay. It's been extremely busy throughout but it's now just starting to slow down.

Claraviolet

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I do have my job and I am a software engineer.
It's not hard to work from home at all. At first it's not that great as there were connectivity issues and all. Now though, everything is pretty much stabilized and so it's fine.

Hopefully this should pass away soon. I don't want to worry about my loved ones health so much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.